Scubapro Go BCD and cold water diving lift?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks the reason why I ask is that Keith at Bamboo Reef told me that the Scuba Pro BCD was not adequate for Monterey cold water diving. I use between 24-28 pounds of lead with steel 100 tanks. From what the Scubapro website and replies indicate, I would indeed be able to use the Scubapro BCD in both Monterey and warm water diving.

All good discussions and advice. Yes, the lift capacities on the GO vary with the size and yes, the most important thing is that you calculate (test) your buoyancy before diving to ensure ALL of your equipment is considered. Given the information here, it sounds as if you are well suited for Monterrey but check first.

Thanks, well since I now have two awesome BCDs, one heavy one with serious lift (Aqualung Pro QD) and the ScubaPro Go for travel, not really an issue anymore. I just use my Aqualung in cold water places locally like Monterey and the Scubapro go for dive trips to warm water. Funny the heavy gear like drysuits and so forth for cold water diving costs WAY more than warm water gear! I only spent $200 for a few warm water suits- shorty and dive skin compared to the money I spent on a semi dry suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom