Scubapro g250 2nd stage clones/internal copies.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joris Vd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dear people at scubaboard,
I've been using scubapro 109's for a bit now and love them (my octo is a normal duro poppet one, and the main reg is upgraded to a 156 balanced adjustable ).

Since the scubapro g250 is basically the 109 with a bigger exhaust valve, I really want to try one out.

For some reason I can't seem to find any 250's second hand anywhere for a reasonable price in Europe.(the ones I find are usually paired with an old beatup dive console and a corroded mk2 or 5 and then they ask 300 euros for them).
A friend of mine pointed out to me that many regulators made in the 70-80s were actually exact internal copies of healthways/ us divers designs.

Does anyone know of any other models from other brands that are internal copies of the g250?

With kind regards,

Joris

Hi Joris:

The G250 is an incredible piece of equipment. Look for them in the marketplace section of this website and on ebay. Parts are available @ your local shop so service it an then enjoy it.

atomic, but that isn't going to found cheaply usually

the apeks tx50 and its copies are similar but use a different design for the venturi adjustment

I use a G250 primary with a 109 octopus. Positively love it. I hope my Mk5 from the 80's keep on trucking.
Good luck!
:cheers: - MM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom