Review Scubapro G2 wrist computer ‘compass’ ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

f4erhinogib

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Not sure this is the place to post this thread. Have been using a ScubaPro G2 wrist computer for about three years and finally figured out how the ‘compass’ display ‘works’ correctly. Before when I was trying to read the compass display with the device facing ‘up’ similar to how a conventional liquid compass works, I’d consistently get erroneous information. I accidentally used the compass feature on the G2 with the computer face ‘horizontally’ positioned (i.e., 90º off level) to get valid compass information. Nothing in the G2 user manual says anything about how the computer must be oriented to provide valid compass information. A strange glitch, but thought it worth sharing. None of the other G2 features appear to be affected by device orientation.

Not sure this is the place to post this thread. Have been using a ScubaPro G2 wrist computer for about three years and finally figured out how the ‘compass’ display ‘works’ correctly. Before when I was trying to read the compass display with the device facing ‘up’ similar to how a conventional liquid compass works, I’d consistently get erroneous information. I accidentally used the compass feature on the G2 with the computer face ‘horizontally’ positioned (i.e., 90º off level) to get valid compass information. Nothing in the G2 user manual says anything about how the computer must be oriented to provide valid compass information. A strange glitch, but thought it worth sharing. None of the other G2 features appear to be affected by device orientation.

I am confused, can you show pics of you used to do and what you are doing now?

I am confused, can you show pics of you used to do and what you are doing now?
Sure. To clarify, on the ScubaPro Galileo 2 wrist computer, the compass display must be read with the display face oriented vertically (1st photo), i.e., “looking horizontally”. If attempting to determine compass direction “looking down” at the computer display (2nd photo) as when viewing a conventional compass, invalid direction data will appear. Nothing about this appears in the user manual. I only discovered this by accident.

Attachments

• CC5A2D41-914D-4FB7-87E7-5A19DEB49BFC.jpeg
    CC5A2D41-914D-4FB7-87E7-5A19DEB49BFC.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 36526516-7FA2-4BA2-A397-A2398CE9770B.jpeg
    36526516-7FA2-4BA2-A397-A2398CE9770B.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 69

Back
Top Bottom