Scubapro G2 for wreck diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a solid computer. A wreck dive is just a dive. If it's a dive on a wreck done within No Decompression Limits, why would it not be just as good as any other computer?

If it's a dive with mandatory decompression stops, well then, I'm sure the G2 would work just fine to get you back to the surface safely. But, I think the vast majority of people here on ScubaBoard that do deco dives are using computers with a non-proprietary algorithm. Mostly, Buhlmann ZHL-16B or C, with Gradient Factors.

The G2 uses a proprietary algorithm. I wouldn't use it for deco diving, as I plan my deco dives using desktop software that works using a non-proprietary algorithm. And I use dive computers that implement the same algorithm as the desktop software I use. Further, I often plan my dives using 2 different pieces of desktop software, so that I can compare the results and be pretty confident that the desktop software does not have a bug that is giving me incorrect results. You can't do that with the G2.
He can plan his deco dives on the computer itself. It even has a means to set a surface interval prior to the planned dive.

This is a computer which supports trimix, CCR and a options for where your stops happen. To dismiss it as useless for decompression diving is basically saying that only GF or VPM are valid ways to plan a deco dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom