Scubapro G2 for wreck diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cburgert

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just wondering if anyone has used a Scubapro G2 dive computer on a wreck dive yet, and how well it worked.

It's a solid computer. A wreck dive is just a dive. If it's a dive on a wreck done within No Decompression Limits, why would it not be just as good as any other computer?

If it's a dive with mandatory decompression stops, well then, I'm sure the G2 would work just fine to get you back to the surface safely. But, I think the vast majority of people here on ScubaBoard that do deco dives are using computers with a non-proprietary algorithm. Mostly, Buhlmann ZHL-16B or C, with Gradient Factors.

The G2 uses a proprietary algorithm. I wouldn't use it for deco diving, as I plan my deco dives using desktop software that works using a non-proprietary algorithm. And I use dive computers that implement the same algorithm as the desktop software I use. Further, I often plan my dives using 2 different pieces of desktop software, so that I can compare the results and be pretty confident that the desktop software does not have a bug that is giving me incorrect results. You can't do that with the G2.

Thanks for the info.

Now that I got the G2, I can add maps to it. Are there any websites that have actual maps of shipwrecks? I have googled ship wreck maps and can't find what I am looking for.

Are you reffering to the renderings done on the Art To Media website that shows a 3d image of a wreck? Or is it that the G2 uses actual nautical charts?

You can add pics to a G2

Are you reffering to the renderings done on the Art To Media website that shows a 3d image of a wreck? Or is it that the G2 uses actual nautical charts?
It uses pics, I was wondering if there were any pics of wreck in map form. I found one site, but didn't have the wrecks I was looking for.

I don't see much in searches - lotta shipwrecks thruout the world.....

Home

I once carried a paper map of a wreck site that I placed in two ziplock bags. Used duct tape to seal the bag. It worked. Of course, you can't put that on your computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom