Scubapro Fusion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From what I understand, and I could be completely wrong, the third layer in a trilaminate suit is the outer protective layer which in the case of the Fusion is the skin.

I've seen the DryCore referred to as bilaminate in other places, and that term might have been removed when they rebuilt their web page. If you Google "whites fusion bilaminate" you get a lot of results.

I agree about the pocket...I was / am looking to either upgrade my fusion skin to a useful pocket, or got a different route. So far this pocket looks useless and the bullet pocket looks too small to carry the necessary items without stress on the skin and thus a failure....

come on whites, stop playing with the govt so much and give us what we want....LOL

with respect and love for my fusion
ww

I'm pretty sure it's a bilaminate. One of the issues with bilaminate materials is delamination, which results in a myriad of tiny holes, and is essentially unfixable. This was one of the issues people warned about when the suit first came out, and it was a risk I was willing to take. No problems so far -- two years and about 350 dives at this point.

anyone else find it intriguing that the ad displayed on the SP page uk is for Catalina California . . .
Yep I caught that too...

If you were in the UK, wouldn't you want to go to Catalina?
Doesn't everyone?

Anyone who WANTS to go to CA needs their head examined, IJS... :popcorn:
:rofl3: Beware LB, God has a sense of humor. Next thing you know, you'll also be mis-located in CA.

I agree about the pocket...I was / am looking to either upgrade my fusion skin to a useful pocket, or got a different route. So far this pocket looks useless and the bullet pocket looks too small to carry the necessary items without stress on the skin and thus a failure....

come on whites, stop playing with the govt so much and give us what we want....LOL

with respect and love for my fusion
ww
Yep, love my fusion but I need useful non-sagging pockets..there's a new blue skin upgrade with my name on it just waiting for my share of the Obama bailout funds :ermm:

Yep, love my fusion but I need useful non-sagging pockets..there's a new blue skin upgrade with my name on it just waiting for my share of the Obama bailout funds :ermm:

Make that Red for me. Now if I could just find red bungee mounts :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom