Scubapro FFM / Guardian Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DM95

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi-

I'm looking into getting a smaller mask than my Exo-26 for scuba. Has anyone used the Scubapro or the Guardian? I hear Scubapro will not honor warranty work if the mask is not bought from an authorized dealer face to face? I emailed them but no response as of yet. My LDS does not show up on their list of Auth. Dealers.

Any info is appreciated as always.

Thanks-

I just sold my EXO-26 and bought a Guardian as a replacement.

The Guardian so far has way exceeded my expectations. It fit's like a glove, and weighs nothing compared to the EXO. I have a narrow face and the Scubapro would not seal on my face.

My biggest gripe with the Guardian is you cannot really purge the regulator when you flood the mask. Push and you get a slow whisper.

It comes with a nice case, and OTS does the first service free of charge. I should have some decent pics next weekend.

All of scuba Pro products have to be purchased from a authorized dealer of scuba pro if you want the warranty .If the dealer is not on there list then the dealer is not a authorized dealer .

All of scuba Pro products have to be purchased from a authorized dealer of scuba pro if you want the warranty .If the dealer is not on there list then the dealer is not a authorized dealer. You need to check their website for their dealers.

Yep. Just got this back from them. You can't even buy from your LDS unless it is and Auth. Dealer:

Dear Diver,

Thank you for your interest in SCUBAPRO UWATEC equipment.
SCUBAPRO UWATEC does not sell through the internet. Although some of our dealers advertise our equipment, once again they are not authorized to make direct sales through the internet, but rather as mentioned before, authorized dealers are only authorized to sell SCUBAPRO/UWATEC equipment over the counter at their retail location.

All online companies that sell and make direct purchases of our product, like LeisurePro are not an authorized SCUBAPRO dealer and SCUBAPRO equipment obtained through channels other than SCUBAPRO Authorized Dealers does not carry the SCUBAPRO Limited Lifetime/Limited Warranty. If you so choose to purchase SCUBAPRO UWATEC products online, the warranty will be voided.

If you still decide to purchased SCUBAPRO equipment from anywhere other than an Authorized SCUBAPRO Dealership, we recommend that it be inspected by an Authorized SCUBAPRO Repair Center to be sure that it is operating and performing to SCUBAPRO specifications. We would also advise that you follow the SCUBAPRO recommended maintenance and service guidelines for your SCUBAPRO product.

LeisurePro may offer their own warranty on the equipment that you are considering, however, LeisurePro, like many other online companies that sell our product, has not been trained by SCUBAPRO nor is certified to perform maintenance on SCUBAPRO or UWATEC equipment.

Happy Diving,

scuba pro FFM was awful for me...the glass hit the bridge of my nose...

DM95,
I am an authorized OTS Dealer, I use the Guardian and must say, it's exceeded my expectations.

DSC_0088.jpg

I own 2 Guardians with Comms and an extra RX-100 that I carry in my BCD pocket. I'm able to hold it, the RX, up to a non-FFM and/or non-comms diver and talk to him.

Let me know how I can help.

Regards,
Bob C.

I've been using the guardian for a while now and love it. It fits good flush to my face with no hood or with a dry hood with the face seal of the hood under the seal of the mask. I've used it in water temps from mid 70F to 32F and really can't tell the difference in water temp.

Back
Top Bottom