Scubapro Everflex suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chipstix

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all,

Has anyone tried the Scubapro Everflex full length wetsuits? I am interested in the 5mm version for an upcoming trip to Borneo.

I have an old 3mm Scubapro wetsuit, but its past its best. Last time I wore it in Barbados in May (water temp around 25degC) I did find I got cold on most dives, usually after around 25-30minutes, shorter if deeper. This was true even if I wore my Fourth Element thermocline under-vest. I would say that I am more susceptable to cold than many people, especially since a successful fitness ambition halved my body fat percentage in the last 18months!

Hence I thought I would treat myself to a new wetsuit and thought a 5mm would be a good option.

The water temperature in Borneo/Sipadan in March/April looks to be around 26-30degC appararantly. I am perhaps even partially concerned it will be too warm, though I find it hard to imagine.

Alternativly, are there any other suits worth a look at?

Finding a local supplier is proving tough, as ideally would like to try on but may have to mail order then return if not quite right. I am in Brighton, on the south coast of the UK.

Thanks, Chris

Hi Chris,

I have a Scubapro Everflex 5mm suit that I love. very easy to put on as the neoprene is quite flexible. I went to LDS to buy a 5mm suit before a trip about 3 years ago so didn't have one particular suit in mind. It's held up well.

BTW I bought it at Mike's in London/Chiswick.

I bought a new Everflex three years ago and it's still going strong. I have used it for Caribbean diving and I have worn it once a week while teaching in the pool. Still has stretch and hasn't turned brown like a couple of other suits I had. When I trade this one in my plans are to get another Everflex.

Bought the 5 mil everflex in Dec 08. This past November, while removing the suit, a piece of the left wrist tore off, right above the sewn on band strap. Dropped it off on the way home at the LDS. They sent it in to Scubapro and 2 wks later, I had a new suit. I think there was a weak spot at the stitching of the band strap. Hey, _ _ _ _ happens. I'm very pleased with the suit. Very little water enters mine. It's very easy to put on and remove. I'm extremely pleased with my LDS and Scubapro for the quick response as well. I just ordered a pair of the everflex 3 mil gloves.

Own a Everflex 5mm - This is the best IMO on the market today.

Excellent, thanks for the feedback guys. Sounds like a good option then, including warm water diving. Unfortunately, the London Dive Show will be too late for my trip, but I have a supplier nearby that seems to stock the Everflex range (oxygene in Cranleigh). Will go and check them out up there....

Well - I've bought my 5mm Everflex full length.

Felt really good on, very impressed with the quality.

Looking forward to my trip in a couple of weeks to try it out!

I'm pretty confident, no matter what the depth or dive time, I will be nice and warm. :)

Will let you know how I get on...

Chris

Based on all your reviews and others I've found, I went ahead and ordered my first wet suit! I did my research and I ordered the 5/4mm everflex steamer from the LDS. Was a bit o cash of course, but I didnt want to go buy another dive suit later because I went cheap the first go around. I plan on only doing tropical dives, and find that I do get a bit cold after 30mins in a 3mm. I'm excited to get it next week, and going to Roatan on a dive trip on Feb 27. Just in time! hehe...

Im sure ill be happy :D

Thx again

I'm curious as to how the comfort and ease of entry compares to the henderson hyperstretch. I'm not a skinny guy so I usually just dive with a wet suit shirt (even in the red sea), and begin shivering after a few dives. In the past I have just done the shiver to stay warm. My sac rate is about .50. I am recovering from shoulder surgery so ease of entry is critical but I just think the shiver isn't that much fun, especially the last 25 dives of the trip. This everflex sounds intriguing.

I have had a size L/52 3mm Everflex for a while, really like it, fits very well - I'm 6', 180#, regular build

Based on that, I bought a size L/52 Everflex 5mm online. I hate it! Well maybe not hate, it's wearable, but quite tight on the forearms of all places (even without the smoothskin cuffs rolled over), and difficult to get on or off :( Good quality and warmth, especially for the US$200 I paid for it new (vs US$100 for the 3mm steamer) but grrr... seriously thining about replacing it, but I don't do much temperate diving anyway

The water temperature in Borneo/Sipadan in March/April looks to be around 26-30degC appararantly. I am perhaps even partially concerned it will be too warm, though I find it hard to imagine

30 degrees I wear swim trunks and a rashie. 27-28 a 3mm shorty but mostly for preotection. 24-26 I'm toasty in a 3mm steamer. But that's me, although I would say generally I'm not very tolerant to cooler water. With the 5mm plus a 2.5mm hooded vest I'm okay down to 19 degrees, low 20s I prefer the 3mm plus a nylon undersuit and the hooded vest. YMMV

Better too warm than too cold though, you can always let some water in the neck - plus you'll need if you hit a thermocline

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom