Scubapro Everflex 3mm - Sizing dilemma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rack201

Registered
Reaction score
Hi - I am wanting to buy a 3mm Scubapro Everflex wetsuit, but I have a sizing dilemma.

I am 80kg (176 lbs), 177cm (5"9') tall, with a 107cm (42 inch) chest. Per the Scubapro wetsuit sizing chart, a Medium-Regular would be about perfect, but I am told by the LDS and Scubapro themselves that this size is no longer made (I called Scubapro Asia Pac to confirm..). They say its either Med or Large.

I have tried a Medium and it was a real squeeze in the upper body, chest and arms and really restricted movement when done up (its designed for a 97-102 cm chest).

From the size chart, the Large looks ok from a chest, weight and waist point of view, but its for someone 180-185 cm tall.

So the question is, do you think the extra length will be an issue? Happy to hear input you might have.

Cheers

Attachments

• Size Chart.jpg
    Size Chart.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 4,315
I'm about 80kg (plus or minus ~3kg depending on the season!), 182cm (~6') tall with a 102cm (41") chest, average build. I buy semi-tailored business shirts with 79cm sleeves (40 neck) as my arms are a bit longer than 'standard fit' shirts

(for comparison purposes you can see my pic in my profile - I'm wearing a large Henderson Neosport shorty there)

I have a large 3mm Everflex steamer and it's just about perfect for me, snug without being tight. So I'd guess it would cater for someone a bit either side of my dimensions ok, which you seem to be

I wouldn't advise getting a suit you find restrictive in the changeroom, let alone underwater/with BC etc on, so IMHO you should either go with the Large or find another suit that fits you better

HTH, I paid US$99 on special for mine btw :) I should have bought two!

Thanks - appreciate the reply. Its the 'extra' length that concerns me. I'm not sure I'll be able to try a Large on but will look at what else is available. Really like the look of the new everflex though..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom