Scubapro done it again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opie712

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I really like thw products but the sure know how to take carebof the lds. Last yr I bout some mk25 /600 off ebay from Italy for 400 to my door in 3days they were brand new in the box couldn't complain a bit even threw in service kits for $20.00 for both 1st and 2nds. Scubapro now has done away with grey market vendors what a crock of crap

What the hell did he say, anyhow???

You can no longer buy scubapro products in thw US overseas "grey market" which thwy sale at a fraction of the cost that your local dive shop charges you. That's what I said thought it was pretty clear

Scubapro now has done away with grey market vendors what a crock of crap

I don't think the ScubaPro was ever 'supportive' of grey market vendors, they can't be as they need to support the local guys. But there are still options out there, you just have to look a bit harder, possibly have direct contact.

I just purchased two S360 regs from Italy sent to Australia, and Australia is one of the most protected and over priced marketplaces.

I contacted the seller I purchased from about getting two more regs he said no way to the US so I may have to give the used market a try which I hate since I was buying new at used prices or look at going to a different brand

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Some unfriendly posts and responses to them have been removed.
The first thing the TOS says is:
ScubaBoard is a friendly forum
You agreed to abide by the TOS when you joined ScubaBoard. Please do so.

I don't think the ScubaPro was ever 'supportive' of grey market vendors, they can't be as they need to support the local guys. But there are still options out there, you just have to look a bit harder, possibly have direct contact.

I just purchased two S360 regs from Italy sent to Australia, and Australia is one of the most protected and over priced marketplaces.

Scubapro and Aqualung were never supportive of grey market vendors. That said, they did very little to stop it. My understanding is a few years ago there was an EU ruling that limited their consumer laws only to EU countries. After that the large online vendors stopped shipping to the US due to manufacturer pressure. So we were left with small players. Now it seems both Aqualung and Scubapro have been clapping down on both grey market sales and parts here in the US. So even the little guys are afraid to ship to the US.

I contacted the seller I purchased from about getting two more regs he said no way to the US so I may have to give the used market a try which I hate since I was buying new at used prices or look at going to a different brand
May as well buy them used. It's not like you need want a warranty. ( I assume you know, your regs have no warranty)

As an aside, it would be a great help if you could use punctuation in you messages. "Stream of thought" messages, like yours, are very difficult to read since most don't have your perspective.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom