Scubapro done it again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can no longer buy scubapro products in thw US overseas "grey market" which thwy sale at a fraction of the cost that your local dive shop charges you. That's what I said thought it was pretty clear

SP sells the products at a fraction?

I don't know exact how much they charge in Italy, but in Germany the dealer price for a MK25 - S600 combo is 287.- Euros plus added value tax (19%) which they might be able to avoid sending them to countries not belonging to the EURO Zone.

Yes I understand I have no warranty with used or grey market, I service my own regs. What got me is how incredible the savings were, I know the lds has to make a living and I am good with that, they are in business to make money. Just wish it was a cheaper hobby so we could get more people in the sport.

You can no longer buy scubapro products in thw US overseas "grey market" which thwy sale at a fraction of the cost that your local dive shop charges you. That's what I said thought it was pretty clear

SP sells the products at a fraction?

I don't know exact how much they charge in Italy, but in Germany the dealer price for a MK25 - S600 combo is 287.- Euros plus added value tax (19%) which they might be able to avoid sending them to countries not belonging to the EURO Zone.
In the US a mk 25/600 is 739.00 if bought online, if you purchase from lds in Tennessee add 9.75%. The ebay seller I used charges 420.00 for a mk25/600 with 1st and 2nd service kits

Yes I understand I have no warranty with used or grey market, I service my own regs. What got me is how incredible the savings were, I know the lds has to make a living and I am good with that, they are in business to make money. Just wish it was a cheaper hobby so we could get more people in the sport.

In the US a mk 25/600 is 739.00 if bought online, if you purchase from lds in Tennessee add 9.75%. The ebay seller I used charges 420.00 for a mk25/600 with 1st and 2nd service kits

Best thing scubapro ever did for me was to cut off my supply of current model regs at about half price buying from Scubastore in Spain about 15 years ago. That got me to looking at older Scubapro regs on ebay for about $30 per stage. They perform about as well as their current regs and are much more durable.

I have some mk 10 g250, I just always grab the mk25/600. I guess I've got used to it, I've been thinking about trying out the hog d3, since I'm afraid they will cut the scubapro service kits out to.

I have some mk 10 g250, I just always grab the mk25/600. I guess I've got used to it, I've been thinking about trying out the hog d3, since I'm afraid they will cut the scubapro service kits out to.

The Mk20/25 has a unique HP seat which is only available from Scubapro. If they could figure out a way to cut off the supply, they would. Thankfully they are required, by law, to sell those parts in EU. Mk5/7/10 HP seat can be had from a number of other sources including aftermarket dealers like Trident.

One thing nice about Scubapro is that they do keep service kits around for their products for a long time. There are very few regulators that do not have service kits available for them.

---------- Post added February 20th, 2015 at 12:15 PM ----------

In the US a mk 25/600 is 739.00 if bought online, if you purchase from lds in Tennessee add 9.75%.

Most Scuba gear is advertised at MAP (minimum advertised price). The store can sell at a lower price but not advertise that price. If you want Scubapro then give Beaver Divers a call and ask how close he can come to that price. I am pretty sure Scubapro's wholesale price is lower in Europe to make-up for the VAT taxes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom