Scubapro customer care...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I did talk to the store manager (it's a small store and it's usually just him there) and he claims he had to beg ScubaPro (or their Swedish agent?) to get (half) the buckle at no cost and that there was nothing more that they could do. Then he offered me contact details if I wanted to "pursue" this...

I still think he never sent it in.

When my Smart-Com had a problem, they sent back a completely new one in a box, along with a new hose and even a new bag to keep the computer in.

As long as you're OK with it i guess it doesn't matter, but if you think he's a small dealer now, he'll be even smaller when SCUBAPro finds out he's making customers unhappy and blaming them.

Terry

Your LDS is yanking you around. They never contacted SP. SP would have replaced the entire BC. SP wouldn't have sent you half a buckle for you to have sewn on yourself. I've seen them replace a rental BC because a D ring broke... Contact SP yourself, the result will be much diffrent. :palmtree: Bob

Sure it is possible, I only know what they told me. I can't sea though what my local dive shop would have to gain from giving me a half a buckle rather then having ScubaPro replace it with a new?

I also still think that the might be a third party in this, the Swedish agent....

Any case, simplest for me now is just to have the buckle stitched on "my self", rather then sending the BCD of again for a few months...

// Magnus;

Sure it is possible, I only know what they told me. I can't sea though what my local dive shop would have to gain from giving me a half a buckle rather then having ScubaPro replace it with a new?

They save shipping the old one back and the embarrassment of letting your BC sit there for two months without taking care of it.

You should call or email SP. I'll bet they don't send you another 1/2 a buckle.

Terry

Too bad it was not a manufacturer who was willing to deal with their real customers - divers. If it were, their representative on this board would likely have been the responding poster with contact instructions to resolve the problem.

Better luck next time.:lotsalove:

I have to say that I had a problem with my two year old SP Knighthawk BC which had a broken buckle. I contacted SP directly and bypassed my LDS. SP fixed it, and sent it back at no charge and within 5 days! You're getting jerked by your LDS. Don't let this go as your LDS is thinking they got away with something and you're posting that SP did you bad, either way it needs to get resolved to give due credit to one or both!

Back
Top Bottom