Scubapro C370 service manual?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Remove clip; partially turn and slide out knob/Venturi assembly.
Shake out the balance chamber and spring so poppet is loose.
Partially remove barrel until the square portion clears the broach.
Rotate the mechanism until the lever is lying across the mouthpiece.
Wiggle and lift the lever straight up and out.
Remove the barrel and poppet.

But it's the REassembly that's the hard part...
Thank you rsingler for your step by step instruction but like you said, I don't worry too much about disassembly but the reassembly... any tips on that?

Cheers

Once you get the microadjust inner half and knob/Venturi aligned with the barrel outside the case, pull it straight off and remember the alignment. Insert the poppet into the barrel with proper alignment so you can see the square broach. Carefully insert the barrel, rotate it 90° and add the lever. Rotate it back into position and finger tighten the nut. Now reinsert the knob assembly in the same alignment as before. The recess for the clip should appear and you can lock the assembly in place. If the recess only partially appears, your knob assembly alignment is off. You can try a slight CCW rotation and it might click into place. Or you may have to start over.

Once you get the microadjust inner half and knob/Venturi aligned with the barrel outside the case, pull it straight off and remember the alignment. Insert the poppet into the barrel with proper alignment so you can see the square broach. Carefully insert the barrel, rotate it 90° and add the lever. Rotate it back into position and finger tighten the nut. Now reinsert the knob assembly in the same alignment as before. The recess for the clip should appear and you can lock the assembly in place. If the recess only partially appears, your knob assembly alignment is off. You can try a slight CCW rotation and it might click into place. Or you may have to start over.
OMG.... That sounds tricky.... I will follow your instruction and hopefully I could do it in one shot...

BTW, what is a CCW rotation?

Thank you very much for your help!!

Cheers

Counterclockwise

And oops! I forgot. They got rid of the red clip in the C370. That was only with the C300/350.
But if you got the knob assembly out, you know that already.

Let's start over. If you don't have the special tool that allows you to add the lever AFTER the barrel assembly is built, you can make one from a 1/8" dowel. That's the easiest way.
But if you're assembling in parts, let's try this:
Outside the case, add the knob assembly to the barrel.
IMG_20231031_105936.jpg

If the microadjust is not properly aligned, the notch and tab won't line up:
IMG_20231031_110116.jpg

So pulling inward on the Venturi vane as illustrated, turn the knob stem CCW (ACW) until the assembly pops inward 1/8":
IMG_20231031_110156.jpg

Now pull them apart without disturbing the alignment of the knob stem.
IMG_20231031_110328.jpg

Next, add the barrel to the case and insert the poppet-spring-balance chamber, aligning the square hole in the poppet with the round hole in the barrel, and drop in the lever fully. Note: the nut is not yet threaded on.
IMG_20231031_110518.jpg

Now add the nut, but only a few threads on, and align the barrel with the lever pointing up.
IMG_20231031_110654.jpg

You can now add the knob assembly, and the assembly can be rotated to slide the tab into the notch. I'm showing this outside the case, but don't try this unless you're very careful about the lever.
IMG_20231031_110831.jpg

The point is, you can't get the knob assembly in fully with the barrel threaded into place because the Venturi vane will catch on the notch in the right side of the case.

Now you can slide the barrel in, and as noted, the Venturi vane will not be aligned with its slot in the side of the case. Rotate the Venturi vane toward you 1/12 turn and you can now fully insert the barrel into the diamond shaped broach on the left side.
IMG_20231031_111002.jpg

Now thread on the nut and tighten.

As I suggested in the previous post, it's simpler to assemble the whole barrel without the lever.
Then with the barrel rotated in the case and using your 1/8" dowel to slightly push the poppet to the right through the hole in the orifice, you can add the lever when the square poppet notch comes into view. Release the dowel, rotate the barrel assembly so the lever is vertical and tighten the nut. The special tool can be made by gluing a 1/8" dowel into a tiny block of wood so that it protrudes exactly 25mm from the block.
IMG_20231031_114156.jpg

Hello, my email address is
Many thanks !!

I'd remove email address from public posts and send it in a private message instead.

First of all, thanks @rsingler for the very detailed instructions above.

I just finished my first ever C370 service following SP's maintenance procedure. Sorry guys, but I fount the procedure for disassembling AND assembling the flow deflector/adjustment shaft/poppet assembly etc as described in the service manual quite straight forward!! I followed the steps one by one and I was done within minutes. Maybe it is my mediterranean use/understanding of Italian English? I don't know.

I didn't have to consult Robert's instructions at all (although I had them sitting next to me just in case).

I'm not saying the SP's instructions are perfect. I spoted few mistakes:
- Step 12 of the assembly. The removal of Parts no 25 (2x poppet o-rings) is not mentioned. Similarly for these o-rings at assembly (Step 17) the instruction just say to make sure they are both well lubricated.

- Step 9 of the assembly. Two orings P/N 01.050.160 are mentioned in the instructions. They should be Parts #35 in the schematic which are in fact P/N 01.050.161 not 01.050.160

and there should be more.

BTW the instructions I used don't have version number on them. I have the files since April 2020 (obviously they are older than that). Maybe there are newer versions out there?

Just keep it in mind.

Thanks again...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom