Scubapro behaviour

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pabeguska

Reaction score
I just want to warn everybody in Easten and Cetral Europe about the atitude of Scubapro Germany.
I had Aladin Aix X, one day I found out some samll boubles under the computer screen so I went to Scubapro distributor in Lithuania to find out whats wrong with it...... To make the long story short here is the case:
1. the official Scubapro deller in Lithuania broke my computer during his interventions and told for me that I gave them already broken computer.
2. He ignored me so I found the guy from Scubapro Germany - Christian Holfelder, Manager East Europe. After some discussions on the phone he agreed to look at the computer and repair it or replace.
3. I send my broken computer to Germany.
4. After one month the guy called me today and said that my coputer is dead 100% and they cannot repair it.
...and here the nice part comes - according to Mr Holfelder they cannot offer me anything to replace it because my computer was broken dy dropping down the computer or by hitting with something hard. To my questio what shall I do the answer was very simple - buy a new one. Can you imagine this?????????!!!!! The Scubapro distributor in Lithuania broke down my computer, and telling that it is not his foul, the Manager in Germany is telling - sorry we can not help you, buy a new one... I paid for this computer few years agou about 500 USD and now they telling to me buy a new one.
I really upsed with this company and I will start a case about this, but once again I just want to warn you about they behaviour.

Pabeguska once bubbled...
I just want to warn everybody in Easten and Cetral Europe about the atitude of Scubapro Germany.
I had Aladin Aix X, one day I found out some samll boubles under the computer screen so I went to Scubapro distributor in Lithuania to find out whats wrong with it...... To make the long story short here is the case:
1. the official Scubapro deller in Lithuania broke my computer during his interventions and told for me that I gave them already broken computer.
2. He ignored me so I found the guy from Scubapro Germany - Christian Holfelder, Manager East Europe. After some discussions on the phone he agreed to look at the computer and repair it or replace.
3. I send my broken computer to Germany.
4. After one month the guy called me today and said that my coputer is dead 100% and they cannot repair it.
...and here the nice part comes - according to Mr Holfelder they cannot offer me anything to replace it because my computer was broken dy dropping down the computer or by hitting with something hard. To my questio what shall I do the answer was very simple - buy a new one. Can you imagine this?????????!!!!! The Scubapro distributor in Lithuania broke down my computer, and telling that it is not his foul, the Manager in Germany is telling - sorry we can not help you, buy a new one... I paid for this computer few years agou about 500 USD and now they telling to me buy a new one.
I really upsed with this company and I will start a case about this, but once again I just want to warn you about they behaviour.

So, if I understand this correctly, a distributor broke your computer, and the Scubapro manager won't help you...

Is there any recourse in the legal system to get a new comp. from the distributor? In the US, I'd file a small claims court action against the distributor, assuming I had enough hard evidence to prove the distributor broke the computer.

I wonder at this point, though, what the distributor did that broke the computer...You say you took it there because of bubbles...Is it possible that it is/was flooded due to a seal failure? You said that the second guy said it was dropped...Did you ask him what lead him to that conclusion? Was whatever he said in response evident to you by inspection (external inspection)?

I'm just not following, due to the lack of a few details, but wish you the best in getting your issue resolved.

I have handed my Aladin Nitrox computer for servicing and battery replacement to my local dealer in Turkey. Since Scubapro- Uwatec appointed Scubapro France as a responsible branch for all kinds of fixing, servicing and battery replacement for the computers sold in Turkey, my local dealer had to sent my computer to France . But to my great regret and annoyance I have had my computer back after 4(four) months. When I have asked my local dealer the reason they said that they were not authorized by scubapro-uwatec for servicing . They said that they have made several attempts to get this permission and said that they were desireous to buy the special equipment for battery replacement and fixing whatever its price would be but they were not allowed. All the Aladin users in Turkey will shortly meet such delay problems in battery replacement.As far as my understanding this should not be the way of dealing customer relationships. Hoping that Scubapro_uwatec general directorate will see this complaint and will settle this problem soon.

may i recommend the genesis resource for air....
and the genesis react for nitrox/air....

neither will break the bank....easy to read...durable...YOU replace the battery in seconds...backed by company....go wrist mount..
rich

To scubasean

Maybe it is a lack of my English not about info:)

Anyway, I will try to add more info:

Yes I gave a computer to local distributor fully functioning, only with the small bubbles under the screen. When I got him back it even did not swich on...

The Scubapro Manager from Germany told me that my computer was either hit with something hard ow was dropped on the ground. This information he told me after I send my computer to Scubapro Germany and they did all the tests in them laboratory.

Germany Scubapro Manager right now is telling me that it is not his bussines what happening between Scubapro Lithuania dealler and me....

He confirmed that Scubapro will not offer me any replaicmet for this broken computer.

So I hope taht now you have full picture how do they reacting to them customers in a small countries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom