Scubapro BCD tank strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jamiei once bubbled...
I've heard from a LDS (not a scubapro dealer) that the buckle on the tank strap of my Classic NT is "prone to failure". Is this true? I read on article in Rodale's that said this very same bcd had the most secure tank band in the industry. Also, anyone have any idea what the NT means?

If this is the standard Scubapro SS tank strap, your LDS is either ignorant or stupid. There is no other tank strap that is as good as the SP.
I replaced both OEM straps on my Halcyon BP with Scubapro straps after 2 dives.

Phil

That's the SS Scubapro you have. Your LDS probably told you that to try to get you to buy some of their cam straps. I have the same straps and they work great.

Thomas

I had one fail, of course it was 18 years old and the thread holding it together is what actually failed. I much prefer it to the Rubick's design on most BC straps, more secure and easier to adjust.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom