Scubapro Anti-Freeze

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi

The scubapro MK25 is a piston design first stage and so allows water to contact the inner workings. Certain parts within the first stage are coated in teflon to prevent freezing. Thats what I heard anyway. I didn't know they did an AF version. It is just sold in the UK in a number of different metals Titanium etc.

Sorry, techie, the German website is being revised and I can't get access. I wouldn't get too worked up about the AF. It's what hacker said, fins and ports. SP has been fighting accusations that their piston regs freeze up. They denied this vehemently but their actions speak louder than words. If this AF fix doesn't work....well, fogeddaboudit.

Only MK2 is sold without anty-freeze. Others including MK 16 have AF. That's TIS Thermal Isolating Sistem

TIS is a vague catchphrase that can cover a multitude of sins. Have you ever looked at what the TIS actually consists of on the Mk16?

kavka once bubbled...
Only MK2 is sold without anty-freeze. Others including MK 16 have AF. That's TIS Thermal Isolating Sistem

Back
Top Bottom