ScubaPro 2G

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeatCker

Contributor
Reaction score
for recreational diving ....
does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with scubapro's aladin 2G dive computer
i read at one time they released a bad batch and replaced them under warranty with the 3G
is anyone still using the 2G
thanks in advance

I have one. It's my 3rd. 1st replaced under warranty. 2nd NOT replaced under warranty but they gave me that pathetic 20% price break. It was less than a year old but they insisted the warranty started with the first purchase. This one has gone on for years, BUT buttons don't work worth a damn anymore. Have to program Nitrox with the computer interface, which works fine. (Yeah, I've soaked the hell out of it and worked the buttons a LOT.) As a dive computer it works fine.

My wife's croaked right beyond warranty. Did not replace it. She went to a Suunto Vyper Air, which we also would not buy again. It's reliable but too conservative. The PC program DM5 has lots of issues.

Would not buy again.
Never given an option to upgrade to 3G.

I've had about 7 of them... (bought one, got 4 replaced by warranties and good consumer laws in Norway) After the 5th, I got an Aladdin Square. Didn't like it, so sold it.
Heard it was the buttons that bricked them. Bought a used _OLD_ 2G that just works.
So... 2gs with circular buttons got bricked, the old one with kidney shaped buttons works just fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom