Scubapro 109 Spring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On the flight back home I thought of a couple of questions.
Do you also need the spring pad? If you're downgrading from a balanced poppet design, you'll be removing the balance chamber and installing a pad.

The seats you're going to be machining-will you be putting a concave dimple on both sides? I'm concerned because there's a hole in the seat carrier, so water will be seeping into the cavity. Filling the non-piston side of the seat with grease might be all that's required to keep water out though.

Sounds like a fun project.

Last edited:
Hi Couv,

Yeah, I’m looking for a spring pad. I thought I had one in my box of all things scubapro but I haven’t found it yet.

You’re right on the money with your thinking. I will absolutely put the concave on both sides of the seat and just put some christalube in the spare end So that it oozes out the whole when I insert it. I’m hoping to buy a new metal lathe within the next six months so I can get going with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom