Scubapro 109 manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Both the 010 and the 902 will work.
The 010 is a bit tight, and the 902 a bit loose; I've used both and I don't have a problem. I'm pretty sure the official SP kit comes with the 010, even though it's not an annual replacement item.

The 010 is a bit tight, and the 902 a bit loose; I've used both and I don't have a problem. I'm pretty sure the official SP kit comes with the 010, even though it's not an annual replacement item.

The latest G200 (109) kit only comes with a single o-ring. They don't include the orifice o-ring any more.

halocline,

I've been looking for a 902 which doesn't seem to be available locally. Do some use a 010 and some a 902?

My limited experience is the 010 is too tight with a metal orifice but preferred with a plastic orifice. I have had an 010 be so tight that the o-ring was damaged (nibbled) during instalation. But that is the exception as they will usually work but can be very difficult come removal time when you will have to very carefully put some serious pressure on the knife edge to push the orifice out after it is unscrewed. I always use a 902 with a metal orifice. But all of mine are fairly ole so not sure if that holds true with a new metal orifice.

Thanks guys. I'll probably keep looking for a 902 then. Mine's a metal orifice and it is old.

My limited experience is the 010 is too tight with a metal orifice but preferred with a plastic orifice. I have had an 010 be so tight that the o-ring was damaged (nibbled) during instalation. But that is the exception as they will usually work but can be very difficult come removal time when you will have to very carefully put some serious pressure on the knife edge to push the orifice out after it is unscrewed. I always use a 902 with a metal orifice. But all of mine are fairly ole so not sure if that holds true with a new metal orifice.

The Master is always right.

I measured the groove diameter on a few adjustable orifices and there is enough difference to warrant slightly different size o-rings. 0.271in for the metal, 0.267in for the plastic. Even though the i.d. of a -902 and a -010 are the same(0.239in), the cross section is slightly different at 0.064in and 0.070in respectively.

I found a soft -010 will work if you cannot find a -902, but I ruined a few -010 duro 90 trying to "Keep things simple" by only stocking one hardness of -010.....ooops is the word of the day.

Edit: By the way, the "official" size is metric. The Scuba Pro kit list shows the orifice o-ring (01-050-132) as a 6.0mm i.d. X 1.8mm c.s. which is a very odd size.

... Edit: By the way, the "official" size is metric. The Scuba Pro kit list shows the orifice o-ring (01-050-132) as a 6.0mm i.d. X 1.8mm c.s. which is a very odd size.

Hey Bro, could you share this list?
Mine is from a current kit that list the -132 as the same dimension-wise as the 136 which is the 2-010 HP or-ring.
Anyway, the 902's are available here.

Sure thing.....the resolution isn't great, but it's the third item from the top:
True enough, the 01-050-132 and -136 are the same size, but remember due to the greater pressure differential, the piston stem o-ring should be a higher duro o-ring.

Thanks Bro.
I have the feeling your chart gives the rounded-off actual sizes (vs nominal sizes) which, for a 2-010, is 6.03 mm ID by 1.78 mm CS, or .239" by .070".
The 2-902 is 6.07 mm by 1.63 mm, or .239" by .064", just a tad thinner.

Back
Top Bottom