Scubapro 109, frozen balance knob

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

20190728_171259.jpg
20190728_172243.jpg
20190728_172329.jpg
See if I can attach pics of my original bushing while I wait for version 2 to come off the printer. Yhere is a pronounced gap at the 6 o'clock position, but should not have any effect. Last pic is in through the end of an old crushed neoprene tee (had better sight lines than the vdh tee for the picture)

20190728_173401.jpg
20190728_173445.jpg
20190728_173610.jpg

Version 2. Still a small gap at 6 o'clock, but its pretty transparent once the tee is installed. These pics are with a vdh silicone tee. @MacGyver - DXS If you want one, pm me an address to send it too.... if it meets you needs/expectations you can mail me what you think it's worth! Lol

Whew! Finally got everything stripped down, cleaned, replaced, lubed, and reassembled. No surprises, thankfully.
Thanks for the invaluable help you all provided. First dive is set for this weekend. I'm stoked.

Here's hoping my 'new to me' bc doesn't malf on me. On the bright side, at least I know who to ask about fixing it.
I appreciate the power of the
Dark Side:D

Version 2. Still a small gap at 6 o'clock, but its pretty transparent once the tee is installed. These pics are with a vdh silicone tee. ...... If you want one, pm me an address to send it too.... if it meets you needs/expectations you can mail me what you think it's worth! Lol
That is a very elegant design. Over at VDH Greg Barlow had an similar issue on a 108. I cannot say for sure if it was the exact same model as the 108 saw a few iterations. He used a -019 o-ring as a spacer.
Scubapro MK1/108 Project Report - Vintage Double Hose

That is a very elegant design. Over at VDH Greg Barlow had an similar issue on a 108. I cannot say for sure if it was the exact same model as the 108 saw a few iterations. He used a -019 o-ring as a spacer.
Scubapro MK1/108 Project Report - Vintage Double Hose
Thanks! Now that I have it dialed in, if anyone else wants one I'd throw em out there for a few bucks each. Kind of like a duro poppet, they're a one and done fix!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom