ScubaBoarders on Cozumel in MAY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We did two great dives yesterday, Palancar Bricks and Yucab...beautiful...

Easy current, a bit chilly on the second dive...

Talked to a couple yesterday that were on the boat with the woman that ended up in the chamber. Said she had just got certified the day before and there were strong currents and low visibility. She ended up at 160 ft, came up without a safety stop and was okay, but they sent her to the chamber. Lucky woman.
Glad you're still having fun.

That was the same story I heard about the woman. So, there may be something to it, or, you and I heard it from the same people :wink:.

Keep the updates coming, at least I can live vicariously.

I thought I'd have more additions but there was only 1.

May%20SBers2.jpg

Anyone up for a meet-n-greet on 5/26 to celebrate Memorial Day?

Anyone up for a meet-n-greet on 5/26 to celebrate Memorial Day?

I will just be getting in, but should probably be able to meet up somewhere.

Jeff

PS: Still need to find a dive op. I guess that means I need to e-mail someone.

Hi,
There will be a gang of us leaving the mountains and headed to Cozumel, from the 17th to the 26th. We will be staying at the Villa Iguana Sur and diving with PaPa Hogs. Can't wait to get to some warm temps...we are expecting a foot of snow tonight...Blaaaaaaah! We will be easy to identify...black wet suits with long jonhs on underneath.
Pete n Tanya

You have to be under the same storm we are ... 5" in the mountains tonight!

We'll be in Coz 18th-25th.

Here are a few images from this week while diving with Scott Riemer.

Current is rippin' this week. Crazy stuff like we've never seen before. Currents changing directions in the middle of a dive. Wow.

Hard to get any pictures worth sending due to currents. Also, huge learning curve with this new camera.

Some more images from yesterday and today:

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0604_1.jpg

IMG_0631_1.jpg

IMG_0662_1.jpg

IMG_0675_1.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

Chris!!! Nice Pics!!

Nice diving with you today once again. Everyone we spoke with today said yesterdays current was terrible. Luis at Deep Blue said it was the worst he's seen in 20 years of diving here on Cozumel.

Sadly, we heard today from a hotel guest here at Coz Palace that a lady was sent to the chamber after yesterday. I gather she was a guest here at Coz Palace as well. Bummer.

Today, however, was just perfect at Palancar Caves and Paso del Cedral. Lots of turtles today!

Here are a few shots right from the camera:

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

oh sure, rub it in why don't ya! sigh... stupid flying home on friday! :( :( :(

Can't wait to get to some warm temps...we are expecting a foot of snow tonight...Blaaaaaaah!

For christ sakes, it's the middle of May! Enough with the snow already. :wink:

As a first timer to Cozumel, all I can say is WOW! I now understand why coz is always rated as a top destination. Diving was simply amazing! We were originally scheduled for 3 days(out of our 7 there) but, after a little bit of poking from Scott and Chris, my wife and I decided to go for a 4th day. We came back with absolutely nothing bad to say about any part of our trip. My wife is already looking at when we can go back! :D

Scott Riemer(and Chris Walrod) get bonus points for the Deep Blue recommendation. We really enjoyed diving with them and would definitely recommend them. and as it turns out, them and their wives are pretty fun to hang out with at the pool :)

Back
Top Bottom