ScubaBoard site "hanging"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterskier1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have noticed the last three days that when I try to load a page, it never completely loads. It seems to "hang" on "Transferring data from Google Analytics | Official Website". Sometimes it's a different URL, but it seems it's always advertisement related (my guess). I'm not an expert on these issues, so I please excuse my slang terms.

The only way I can "stop" the "transferring" is to "STOP" the browser (page load). I'm using Firefox v 3.6.12 on a Windows XP box. Is anyone else having this problem, or know of a solution? I visit many online forums and other sites and haven't seen this problem manifested on any of those sites. I've left it overnight, and it still hasn't completed the "transferring" the following morning. I can "stop" the transfer, and navigate the site, but each page I load "hangs" at the end of the process. I do not notice anything not being displayed, but how would I know?

Update: when I posted this, it hung "Transferring data from s0.2mdm.net...." so the google site is not exclusive.

Last edited:
The google analytics is not ad related, it provides comprehensive statistics about the site usage.

Like I said Howard, I'm not the expert here. That's why I added the other URL after placing this post. Hopefully someone can figure this out and fix it.

this isn't a fix, but a work around....

but you could always just block those URL's/domains in your browser.

or list them in /windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts as localhost(127.0.0.1) devices per IP (which will load them as null).

The mdm.net is not something that we are using. Perhaps you have inadvertently picked up some spyware somewhere along the line. You should look into spyware removal tools. Seeing as how this problem is isolated to you at this moment.

Back
Top Bottom