ScubaBoard Poster's Personality Types

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
just thought i'd get the ball rolling on some of the "types" that post
on ScubaBoard. a few i've noticed:

The Encyclopedia:when a question is asked, posts a page-long dissertation
on the question, related subtopics, and a history of the discipline at issue.
Lives for questions such as "so is Nitrox really safe?"

Capitalista:no matter what the question is, they'll plug something they have to sell. Capitalista usually has 10 threads going in the Equipment and Gear
forum. Will PM you for months as to whether you really don't want to buy
the single fin (manufacturer unkonwon) he has for sale.

Crusader:will ask leading (and only leading) questions as to their particular
object of love or hate. Do not mistake this for an actual question! You are being
lured into a debate where Crusader can vilify or praise their cause-de-jour.

Special Forces Crusader:these guys will insert themselves into on-going
discussions (and are much harder to detect) with the sole purpose of propounding
their agenda. why did the thread about cozumel ended up being about
PADI DM's sucking? ask the special forces crusader.

Chameleon: Chameleon always gives their opinion freely, and are almost always wrong. Called on their mistake, they spend the rest of the thread trying to change their original response by nuance and shade, until no one is sure what Chameleon is talking about anymore.

The Authoritah:these guys know their stuff cold on a narrow range of subjects. mention one of those two or three subjects, and they got you cold. they can cite you book and chapter, verse and footnote. Alas, as to the rest of the realm of human knowledge, The Authoritah knows nothing .... but is not aware of this. they willfully dispense knowledge on things they know nothing about. The Authoritah is a wonderful resource once you find out which areas are his or her expertise and don't listen to anything they have to say about anything else.

What type are you Andy?

i ain't saying ... i just want to collect types

oh, here's another:

The Accidental Troll: TAT for short. TAT is endowed by their creator with the knack to set off everyone he or she comes into contact with, to ask the most loaded
questions innocently, and to generally incite the baser natures of others by their
care-free approach to "very serious subjects that should not be taken lightly."
TAT will forever remain confused why their appearance on a thread is greeted with
such howls of despair.

H2Andy:
i ain't saying ... i just want to collect types
The rest of us want names though.

H2Andy:
oh, here's another:

The Accidental Troll: TAT for short. TAT is endowed by their creator with the knack to set off everyone he or she comes into contact with, to ask the most loaded
questions innocently, and to generally incite the baser natures of others by their
care-free approach to "very serious subjects that should not be taken lightly."
TAT will forever remain confused why their appearance on a thread is greeted with
such howls of despair.
Pilot Fish

I was trying to decide where I fit, but accidental troll probably describes my most successful threads :(

lol .. actually, i'm a bit of every one of those i posted... that's how i came up
with them

(btw, i disagree with your assesment ... you are a wonderful contributor)

How about the self-proclaimed expert: Dispenses free advice and is an expert on any number of topics, yet is either not certified or has very few dives.

Lightning Fish:
How about the self-proclaimed expert: Dispenses free advice and is an expert on any number of topics, yet is either not certified or has very few dives.

hehehehe....

a variation thereof:

The Theoretical Genius: TheoGeo knows how to do everything ... in theory. he's actually never done anything he talks about, but can give you precise advice on
how to do ... everything. while TheoGeo does not own double tanks, he can
tell you how to assamble them. TheoGeo has never been to Bonaire, but he
knows the best restaurants. The Authoritah detests TheoGeo and is devoted
to unmasking TheoGeo's lack of practical acumen.

H2Andy:
hehehehe....

a variation thereof:

The Theoretical Genius: TheoGeo knows how to do everything ... in theory. he's actually never done anything he talks about, but can give you precise advice on
how to do ... everything. while TheoGeo does not own double tanks, he can
tell you how to assamble them. TheoGeo has never been to Bonaire, but he
knows the best restaurants. The Authoritah detests TheoGeo and is devoted
to unmasking TheoGeo's lack of practical acumen.
Names...we need names.

Lightning Fish:
That would be KrisB:mooner:
Some funny stuff there.

Back
Top Bottom