Suggestion Scubaboard newsletter....?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't get anything useful out of it.

Wendy:
I didn't get anything useful out of it.

i didnt either but maybe some of the people that havent been on the board in a long time will get something out of it and the letter might bring them back.

steve

I can't say I didn't get anything useful. I feel it taught me what the 'receive mail from admin' setting really is.

I checked it; they used it; I now have it unchecked. Problem solved.

What was the purpose of it, everything was on the board.

The purpose was to bring past members back..as Divemaster Steve said.

Not everyone is on here everyday, like we are. Some drop in, sign up, and lose the link. It was just meant to be a friendly reminder if they are looking for updated scuba info.

Thanks for the support and kind words.

For some reason I got 2 of them.

This isn't what "receive mail from admin" implies. There should be a different setting for newsletter.

Damselfish:
This isn't what "receive mail from admin" implies. There should be a different setting for newsletter.

*shrug* It's not what I inferred from the question, but it states:

"From time to time, the administrators may want to send you email notices.

If you do not want to receive these notices, disable this option"

Since I had checked yes, and the e-mail specifically stated:

"Email Notice: You are receiving this message because you registered for ScubaBoard and optted-in to receiving emails. If you do not wish to receive emails in the future you may disable all email notifications by going to http://www.scubaboard.com/profile.php?do=editoptions and unchecking "Receive Email from Administrators". "

Then fine. No harm, no foul. I wish it was that easy to get off some of the many lists I appear to be on.

Back
Top Bottom