Scubaboard Legal Defense Fund

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes this is just plain stupid, and I believe that they are not even American Citizens.
Intermedia Publications is being sued by Gundi Holm for $10,000,000.00.

Hetland your ability to take great pictures offends me, so I have decided to sue you because you make me want to dive more, costing me mega bucks. That is how stupid this case is.

Yes this is just plain stupid, and I believe that they are not even American Citizens.

Hetland your ability to take great pictures offends me, so I have decided to sue you because you make me want to dive more, costing me mega bucks. That is how stupid this case is.

I've read the complaint, and I'm not really impressed.

There are three kinds of lawyers: Those that pound the Facts, Those that pound the Law and Those that pound the Table. The complaint looks like it was drafted by the latter. I think ScubaBoard is safe, though they will still have to invest considerable funds defending the case in Federal Court. The individual posters might have more to worry about but I've not read every post... Truth is an absolute defense to slander, so you can call Fat Albert "fat", but you can't call him an alcoholic.

Exhibit 1 in my defense will be the photos we took a Perdido Pass, in which, your photos looked about 100% better than mine.

Exhibit 2 would be Barry's photo collection. :D

jhayes75, yep i'd noticed the fantastic quality of photos from guys on here as well and it has encouraged me to spend more on dive gear, take more pictures, spend more hours playing with photo software - whereby i could have spent more time doing other things, ... so if you are successful in winning a lawsuit against Hetland, can I do the same against all other photographers, oh wait, maybe a lawsuit against the camera companies would be better, or thinking again maybe a lawsuit against all countries that have better places to dive and get better pictures than i can get ... or ...

Yep I just read the details of the current lawsuit against Scubaboard, and its contributors and how pathetic huh ... a lawsuit against freespeech !

I'll be contributing to Scubaboard costs, and hope a lot of others do to.

Another way to support this site would be to GO RED .
I have been RED for 4 years now and feel that my annual dues are well worth it.

Jim Breslin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom