ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2024 Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are ready! Wedding for son #2 (Ryan) in May and vacation in June. We will be busy this spring and summer.

Attachments

• ryan.jpg
    ryan.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 15
FYI Sorobon was re-opened over the weekend. Had a wonderful dive with East Coast Diving on Saturday and saw no effects from any oil. Seems to be contained to a small number of beaches where cleanup is already underway/finished. Locals did not seem too concerned. Hopefully nothing new from the spill shows up anytime soon.

I've never been to Bonaire and have a question to those who have. My wife and daughter are coming down for the trip. My wife will snorkel so long as she feels as if she can stand on the bottom (she knows enough not to stand on coral but its a mental thing) and my daughter (Bubblemaker grad) wants to both dive and snorkel. Since there are a lot of "unsupervised" shore dives do you think I will have any problems renting her a little 40cf tank and taking her out myself? Obviously, she will not go below 2 meters and always be holding my hand for the dives.

I am stoked to be going on my first SB trip. I've tried but failed a couple of other times but finally nailed it on this trip. I know this is going to be amazing and I can't wait to get my family down there with a bunch of degenerate divers.

...and my daughter (Bubblemaker grad) wants to both dive and snorkel. Since there are a lot of "unsupervised" shore dives do you think I will have any problems renting her a little 40cf tank and taking her out myself? Obviously, she will not go below 2 meters and always be holding my hand for the dives...
Nobody would approve of this and give you cylinders to support it. You've got to be kidding.

Back
Top Bottom