ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2023 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't find info on how it works for signing up as a single diver.
Someone referenced having to pay for two people (even as a single) and then looking and hoping for a roommate to share the costs?
Let us check with Bay Adventures but I believe you are correct. I will post when we get clarification.

I can't find info on how it works for signing up as a single diver.
Someone referenced having to pay for two people (even as a single) and then looking and hoping for a roommate to share the costs?
I have heard back from Bay Adventures and you are correct. If a single diver without a roommate does get a room with a roommate to be added later. You will be required to pay both deposits, since all rooms are double occupancy.

I have heard back from Bay Adventures and you are correct. If a single diver without a roommate does get a room with a roommate to be added later. You will be required to pay both deposits, since all rooms are double occupancy.
Not a great policy, I'm surprised. A real disincentive for the single traveler. Why not just make the reservation for half a room and add the second half later, for another single traveler. That's how they do it on liveaboards. Very disappointing.

A real disincentive for the single traveler.
We do the best to accommodate single diver and have a thread for them to find each other.
However due to limit space there are no single diver rooms for this event.
Rarely do we have this policy however that is the case for this event.

Vaccination pro or con is NOT up for debate on this thread.
Vaccination is required to attend end of story.

Any future pro or con posts on this subject will be deleted in this thread.
No one is debating pros or cons, only conversing about the requirements. As I said...doubt it will change:wink:

As a new diver solo diver considering going I am wondering how the dives are organized. I mean are boats just going to be scheduled and we need to figure out ourselves who dives with whom Are big groups going to be all diving the same spot together? Do you think this is going to sell out the monring of Aug 30? Thanks in advance

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom