ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2023 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flight canceled.
th.jpeg

New flight booked, also long delayed. Newark still has a Ground Stop, but they are boarding this plane now here in Huston, expecting to fly.
Fingers crossed.

Plane doors just closing. We may actually get to Newark sometime around 1:30-2AM, but at least we'll be closer to home tomorrow m21storning.
edit: doors are closed, my brother Dale got bumbed up to First, and I have a row to myself, so I can maybe sleep on this flight.
2nd edit: I just got bumped up too! Even in bad times you can find a bit of sunshine.

Our replacement, also much delayed flight, has Finally made it to Newark at 2AM.
Long day. We'll make the 3 hour drive home after daylight.
Hope everyone else has made it home safely.
edit: we had a great time meeting and diving with friends, but new and old.
Thanks to Dennis, Roxanne, their helpers and the great sponsors who all made this trip possible.
Good night.

Feel your pain @gypsyjim - we just pulled into the house after more delays than I could count (and I have all my fingers and toes mind you...). Didn't land in LaGuardia until almost 3am...so late they specifically kept the airport open just for our flight. First plane had a problem with the windshield, and then second plan windshield wipers didn't work. Thankfully they repaired the latter on the ground else we'd still be in Miami.

Regardless, still on the high from the great week with everyone. Special thanks to @ROXANNE and @cardzard for another great event! Also to the Fab Five - best dive team in my not-too-biased view. :cool: Will have pictures and video at some point this week to share, and looking for the same from everyone else! Now the countdown starts till Bonaire... 🕰️

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom