ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2023 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Someone has been cloned!!

Attachments

• 0FA7AD7B-A48E-4770-9657-79EE171927EF.jpeg
    0FA7AD7B-A48E-4770-9657-79EE171927EF.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 49
  • AEEB8817-D774-4AC4-8112-72CAEDB8E9CB.jpeg
    AEEB8817-D774-4AC4-8112-72CAEDB8E9CB.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 52
Getting Ready to book flights and it's a bit easier to land the day before. Any recs on where to stay for a day prior to invasion?

Getting Ready to book flights and it's a bit easier to land the day before. Any recs on where to stay for a day prior to invasion?
There are several low cost hotels in West End. My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Posada Arco Iris last year after our stay at AKR. It is at the north end of town just across the street from Half Moon Bay. It is rustic but comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay there. Our room was well under $100/night.

You can search West End hotels and probably find several for less than $100. And it is only about a $5.00 5-6 minute taxi ride from there to AKR.

There are several low cost hotels in West End. My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Posada Arco Iris last year after our stay at AKR. It is at the north end of town just across the street from Half Moon Bay. It is rustic but comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay there. Our room was well under $100/night.

You can search West End hotels and probably find several for less than $100. And it is only about a $5.00 5-6 minute taxi ride from there to AKR.
Thanks Gregg, We may go this route for this trip. Flying on Friday is substantially cheaper than Saturday.

Thanks Gregg, We may go this route for this trip. Flying on Friday is substantially cheaper than Saturday.
Your welcome. But it's an odd thing. After reading that about Friday flights, I checked and for us it's a little bit cheaper on Saturday than it is Friday. And the difference is only about $20/pp. Airline pricing makes no sense.:rant:

Your welcome. But it's an odd thing. After reading that about Friday flights, I checked and for us it's a little bit cheaper on Saturday than it is Friday. And the difference is only about $20/pp. Airline pricing makes no sense.:rant:
Yup, saw this as well before I booked. Was originally thinking we were going to fly in Friday as well, but then prices crashed.

Yup, saw this as well before I booked. Was originally thinking we were going to fly in Friday as well, but then prices crashed.
I'll keep an eye on it for a few more days but as of yesterday, Friday was $120 per ticket cheaper for us

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom