ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2023 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are correct the Ankor Seafood Grill is now open.
You you can see some pictures and read more about that and the coffee bar here.

I am loving the menu

Looks nice IMO
You're right. That looks really good. The biggest problem is choosing which dish to get on any particular day. It all sounds good.

Obviously I offered a poorly stated question.

On Roatan, if we’re doing a drift dive I assume team members will follow their DM, just like we did in Cozumel.

If we also have non-drift dives, how is the dive managed (by the DM)? Team members, just pair up and do buddy dives in the area and not follow their DM?

Just wondering what to expect?
I have been going to Roatan since 2017....usually twice a year. 9 trips in total now

There really isn't as much "drift diving" per se (not like Coz at least). But I did get lucky last year and caught a decent drift and we all stayed with the DM.

Mostly the DM goes along and points out where to "cool" stuff is. Depending on the experience of your group will determine how the DM acts and reacts in the water. IF you let them know beforehand that there are certain things you want to see, they will be more than happy to show you. I have ALWAYS had great luck with the DM's in Roatan - more than I have had elsewhere.

If this is your 1st trip -- I think you will truly enjoy yourself. It became my FAVORITE place to spend 7 days the first time I went.

BTW.... This was list year's sunset and it was epic

Attachments

• PXL_20210428_003039025.jpg
    PXL_20210428_003039025.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 30
I always enjoyed the trip out of Port for a night dive at AKR.
The line of boats leaving the port just at sunset is quite a sight.
For some reason memories from Apocalypse Now ran through my head every time our boats were heading out together.

On the checkout day, I'm thinking about taking the ferry over to Utila for another week or two. I dove out of UDC a couple years ago and they have an Inn that was like 25 bucks a night for a really basic single room with AC. Anyone else interested? I can only take a couple dive trips a year and I'd like to leverage my plane fare and get 2-3 weeks out of the trip. You would fly in and out of Roatan and take a ferry to Utila and then back for the return home flight.

For some reason memories from Apocalypse Now ran through my head every time our boats were heading out together.
Que Wallkurenritt!

I love the smell of neoprene in the morning...
.....maybe for the first day or 2 of a trip....after a week of diving 3+ X /day, maybe not so much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom