ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2023 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Typically, two teams are assigned to a boat each day. The pairing of teams rotates, so everyone eventually dives with everyone else.
Dennis and Roxanne will post boat crew assignments shortly before the trip. If you have people with whom you want to dive for the week, let them know ahead of time so you're on the same boat crew.

As Tom mentioned, each boat crew is paired with a different crew for each dive day. Your crew should have the same divemaster who will rotate boats with you for the duration. It's a great system!

Tom and Jan are both correct.
ScubaBoard will create Dive Crews and the Crews will rotate boats with their DM for the week.
Here is a link to how it worked in 2017 when we were at AKR

When we dived AKR at the end of Jan, this year, we had a boat assignment all week.
On the SB Coz Invasion we had a crew assignment, but rotated boats.
The dive sites off AKR are so close, and the boats so similar, I am not sure what system of boat assignments make the most sense.
Diving the north side, should we have $#!++\/ weather, who knows?

Just wondering……. How will the boat dive masters in Roatan manage our boat dives?
Obviously I offered a poorly stated question.

On Roatan, if we’re doing a drift dive I assume team members will follow their DM, just like we did in Cozumel.

If we also have non-drift dives, how is the dive managed (by the DM)? Team members, just pair up and do buddy dives in the area and not follow their DM?

Just wondering what to expect?

Any idea when the folks are going to be able to tell us where we are on the waiting list?

Any idea when the folks are going to be able to tell us where we are on the waiting list?
I was emailing with Al about something else Thursday and asked about the waitlist. He told me that as of that day there were five people total on the waitlist, and he was confident that given the normal shuffling around between now and the invasion (some people who booked without a roommate may end up rooming together, and some bungalows that non-invasion people had reserved for our week will open up due to cancellations), all five on the waitlist is likely to get a bungalow before next June.

Ok let me address a few of the recent post.

Diving in Roatan is SITE dependent. Some sites are a drift dive along the wall depending on the current, not common but does happen. Most dives are along the wall into the current if any and come up on top the reef to drift/swim back to the boat. Some site are Wreck dives which are up and down. Some sites there is plenty for you and your buddy to just hang around the boat. When we go to the otherside of the island for the Maya Key Day and dive Mary's Place/Crack everyone will want to follow the DM to explore that Iconic dive site.

Waiting List
Bay Adventures is in the process of getting everyone's deposits and should have that completed soon.
I got this email from Al on Friday

All confirmations have gone out.
I already have billing instructions from about half, so it’s going very well.
The waitlist is currently at 5 cabins and I think we’ll add a few more to the waitlist on Monday.

If you want to know where you are on the waitlist just call Bay Adventure and they can tell you.
We are hoping to pickup more cabins from the resort which is in the agreement, that if any non SB cabins cancel we get them. My advise to everyone is to get on the waitlist if you think you want to attend.

We current have 66 divers , 3 snorklers , 9 resort only SB members attending for those wondering.

Rebecca and i will be staying for another week or so after Invasion in the West End :
Check out Mamee Trees Mame Trees – Rooms and Bungalows, West End – Roatan
Tell Adam you're with me (Tom Zelanin) for a discount. His WhatsApp is+504 9492 6060. I'm looking at the 24th - July 3rd. He has a couple of two bedroom units, also. We would be willing to share one of those, if anyone is interested. Very inexpensive. We've stayed there before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom