ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2022 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those of you (and me) who tested positive for Covid, below is the current CDC guideline.
CDC Newsroom

"Given what we currently know about COVID-19 and the Omicron variant, CDC is shortening the recommended time for isolation for the public. People with COVID-19 should isolate for 5 days and if they are asymptomatic or their symptoms are resolving (without fever for 24 hours), follow that by 5 days of wearing a mask when around others to minimize the risk of infecting people they encounter."

And to repeat what others have said - I would still have gone to to Cozumel knowing that I had a strong possibility of catching COVID. Fortunately the current strain isn't to bad. And for old folks like me (50+), I qualified for the antiviral medicine. :)

At last count our + rate is still well below 20% of the Crew, and I have read or heard of noone suffering the kind of severe reactions we read of a year or two ago.
We all vaccinated, we all accepted that traveling now does add an increased level of risk not present before, and yet we all gathered and had a great trip.
I certainly would do so again

When you roll the dice they sometimes do not favor the outcome you hoped for. We adapt, we recover, we move on.

Overall, even with my leg back in a cast, and having caught Covid, I'd roll those dice again, and do this trip again in a minute!
Perfect? No. I had my issues with the dive op, and their "voting", but even that would not kill the deal.

Hoping to talk my group into '23.

Are we keeping score? I'm not sure it really matters at this point. I really enjoyed this trip. It was my first "non-working" vacation since the Curacao Surge. We enjoyed seeing all our old friends and making new ones. We are wishing everyone good vibes and fast recoveries for those who caught the 'Rona.
We've had the Flu for years, now we got the Rona too. It will be with us forever or until medical science gets it figured out. Either way (Rona or not), I really needed this trip and seeing everyone made it very special.

To me this "keeping score" helps us to keep everything in somewhat of a perspective.
It allows us to put a real life balance on the risks vs benefits of travel in our +Covid world.
The risk of infection remains far above Zero, even entering the 3rd year of our new reality, but that is quite obviously being balanced by the decreased risk of extreme health risk once unfected.
If we wish to continue to travel, which many of us do, this is an important equation for a lot of people.

Thanks for a great trip everyone! I survived my first SB Invasion and brought home wonderful memories of interactions with many fun SB members, who made me feel like at home and of coarse my 19 terrific dives, despite arriving one day late. I look forward to diving you, my fellow Invaders in the future. Have a great summer of diving!

The Group Photo & Farewell Video has been add to the Memories thread on the first post.
We hope it makes you smile, here is a link
Favorite Memories from the SB Invasion 2022 Cozumel

After watching our Farewell Video, I think I may have found the Covid spreader! Moonie wasn’t wearing a mask (anywhere) and was going around kissing everyone!

Just thinking….. maybe Moonie should be quarantined for at least 10 days. (send pictures)

You can add me to the list of Covid victims. I crawled into bed Thursday afternoon and didn't emerge until it was time to pack up. I was surprised when I learned I wasn't the only one. Thought I was just getting a sinus infection and Montezuma's Revenge. On the plane I had a smirk under my mask. Wanted to stick my head out the bathroom and tell the stewardess to move everyone forward because there's going to be an explosion in here. Didn't think airline security would have appreciated the joke.

Had so much fun at my first Invasion and look forward to many more. The second-best thing about scuba diving......the awesome people you meet and lifelong friends you make.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom