ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2022 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started with just GI symptoms myself, on Thurs morning, which seemed to clear by midday Fri.
No head cold like symptoms began until I left Coz on Sat.

I was just reading, and the swab antigen tests seem to only register the virus at @ day 3, because it takes that long for the virus to build in the mucus.

These tests are a frigging joke on all of us who need to rely on them.
By the time you test + you could have killed off several plane loads of you recently newest and closest friends.

Colleen had symptoms similar to mine on Sun, but tested Neg. Today she is quite sick, and now on Tues tests Pos.

We retested today still no symptoms and negative so so far so good.

We retested today still no symptoms and negative so so far so good.
That moves you very close to the exit door for risk.

Sorry to hear that so many of you were effected, glad to hear it seems to be so mild for the majority. I tested today after returning with no symptoms and it's negative.

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting, talking, and diving with all of you. Dennis and Roxanne, I appreciate all the work you put into making the week possible and even more so for making it run smoothly. My hats off to both of you.

I just retested a few minutes ago and still showing positive. The only symptoms I have is the loss of smell (I can still taste although it is diminished due to the aforementioned loss of the olfactory senses) and not being able to stray to far from the toilet.

But, honestly, had I known this was going to be a result of my trip to Coz, I would have still gone. Terri and I had such a wonderful time meeting and diving with so many of you that this little personal discomfort was well worth it. And echoing what others have said, many thanks to Dennis and Roxanne for the seemingly tireless effort they put into putting one of these trips together.

Hopefully we will see some of you again at next years Invasion, although I know spots at this time are extremely limited. Here's to hoping more spots open up before then.

My symptoms are fading, and I am feeling much better, though I did tire quickly today.
Colleen is still feeling pretty bad.
After fracturing the tibia at one of the screw holes from my April ankle fusion, minutes after finishing our last dive on Thurs, I am back in a cast and on crutches for at least the next 4 weeks.
Already thinking about our next adventure!
20220629_100708.jpg

My symptoms are fading, and I am feeling much better, though I did tire quickly today.
Colleen is still feeling pretty bad.
After fracturing the tibia at one of the screw holes from my April ankle fusion, minutes after finishing our last dive on Thurs, I am back in a cast and on crutches for at least the next 4 weeks.
Already thinking about our next adventure!
View attachment 730728
Waterproof cast and use modified flutter. You'll be in the water in no time lol

With my ankle already partial fused since I was 15, I have always used "modified" kicks. I know nothing else.

I even did a GUE Fundies class maybe 8- 10 years ago now. The Instructor, Bob Sherwood said that while I couldn't execute the frog, back or helicopter kicks "correctly" enough to "earn a pass" toward their technical training, he was pleased to see me find a way to modify each to get the desired results.
Technical diving was never my goal, but learning new techniques was.

We have to work with the tools we are given.

Back
Top Bottom