ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2019 Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its as if I was not already excited enough! And then I read the previous post!! Fishing is my other passion! So now I get to dive and see, up close, the pelagics I dream about in the sea! I am going to try to research and become familiar with some of the "new to me" fish we will see. Going to make my bucket list of creatures. I am fascinated by videos of the ribbon eel. Sure hope we will see one! Thanks for sharing George.

We saw 2 ribbon eels a green one and a black one
Its as if I was not already excited enough! And then I read the previous post!! Fishing is my other passion! So now I get to dive and see, up close, the pelagics I dream about in the sea! I am going to try to research and become familiar with some of the "new to me" fish we will see. Going to make my bucket list of creatures. I am fascinated by videos of the ribbon eel. Sure hope we will see one! Thanks for sharing George.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/otta3blihwsbrqx/‍FIJI_Shark.mp4?dl=0

2/23/18 - 1100 Cathedral Dive Site @ 68fsw.
Hope the link to my Dropbox video works.
This is what happens when the Tigers are feeding and a 10ft Bull Shark crashes the party. Things got a little sideways there for about 10 minutes with the Tigers - a 14 footer and a 12 footer - got a little hot under the collar. The BLR Dive Team are NOT petting the Tiger, they're trying to get her to back off a little bit.
I'm along the coral wall in the blue reg hose and gray gloves. I'm trying to ignore the "chaos" going on above me while trying to shoot the Bull Shark in the center of the arena - impressive animal and it and the 3rd Tiger - about a 9 footer were measuring each other up while circling the food bin which is a 33 gallon plastic garbage can with a lid and about 8 ft of line around it. At one point, the 9 ft Tiger got wrapped up in some of the line and then there was
PANDEMONIUM - so, so awesome

Thankfully, the Bull Shark left (possibly before there was real trouble)
The most incredible, once in a lifetime dive EVER.

Last edited:
We talked to DAN about just getting insured for the travel portion since we already have their Guardian plan for medical. DAN doesn't offer just travel insurance and won't split the medical out. Oh well, it was worth a try.

We returned yesterday (2/24/18) from 7 nights at Beqa Lagoon Resort - No matter what they say, BLR and the Shark Dives at Cathedral will exceed your wildest expectations. WOW. Just wait till you have 3 or more Tigers in the arena and a 10 ft Bull shows up. YIKES! (they don't get along) things got a little crazy for about 10 minutes. AWESOME dives. The Tigers ranged from 9 ft to 14 foot. Dozens of Lemons and Tawney Nurse sharks too.
If the boys (BLR Dive Team) started feeding the pervious night or very early the morning of your dives, you may find a 10 ft Tiger waiting for you under the boat as soon as you roll in at about 9:30 AM. Stay vertical and don't turn your back on her - she's just checking you out. Proceed to the arena and get ready to rumble. AMAZING. Dumbstruck with awe.

As for the BLR itself, Perfect! Music, Fire Walkers, Tribal dancers, Outstanding food and PLENTY of it. Building fresh water showers at the dive shop while we were there. The BLR Dive Team RULES. Such nice guys.
And don't forget to do the shore dive. We saw Blue Spotted Rays, Textile Snails, White Tipped Reef Sharks, Phantom Bannerfish and much more. The boys will take you out to the far channel marker in the Tinny if you don't feel like swimming all the way out. Easy diving with a max depth of 10M X 90 min dive time. Water temp was 84-86F last week.

I WILL RETURN NEXT YEAR.
Thank you for all the info! I can't wait to get there!

We are definitely thinking about this trip and we haven't even been on one trip yet with SB!

so my question. I read those that have a guaranteed spot as of now due to deposit is 42. Is it closed at this point?

so my question. I read those that have a guaranteed spot as of now due to deposit is 42. Is it closed at this point?

At this time only those on the crew list have spots. We are sold out and there is a waiting list. We encourage all those wanting to go to get on the waiting list as any spots that open up will be filled from that list.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom