ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2014 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

63 DAYS
UNTIL
SCUBABOARD INVADES ROATAN

for the
Diving Social Event of the Year!

Crew Members, Please post in the Shark/Dolphin thread if you plan to do these dives.
If you have not already done so.

2014 Invasion Shark/Dolphin signup

T-SHIRT VOTING ENDS NEXT FRIDAY!!
Crew Members Please vote on the T-shirt Design.
2014 Invasion Event T Shirt Final Vote

Perfect video for me today - more cold and snow here - so nice to see ocean and can't wait till Invasion! Thanks Dennis

62 DAYS
UNTIL

for the

Crew Members, Please post in the Shark/Dolphin thread if you plan to do these dives.

Excellent video.

Only through the eyes of innocent children writing about the ocean. Hope these bring smile to your face:) Probably not as good as Dennis' videos!

1) - This is a picture of an octopus. It has eight testicles. (Kelly, age 6)

2) - Oysters' balls are called pearls. (Jerry, age 6)

3) - If you are surrounded by ocean, you are an island. If you don't have ocean all round you, you are incontinent. (Mike, age 7)

4) - Sharks are ugly and mean, and have big teeth just like Emily Richardson. She's not my friend anymore. (Kylie, age 6)

5) - A dolphin breaths through an ass---- on the top of its head. (Billy, age 8)

6) - My uncle goes out in his boat with 2 other men and a woman and pots and comes back with crabs. (Millie, age 6)

7) - When ships had sails, they used to use the trade winds to cross the ocean. Sometimes when the wind didn't blow the sailors would whistle to make the wind come. My brother said they would have been better off eating beans. (William, age 7)

8) - Some fish are dangerous. Jellyfish can sting. Electric eels can give you a shock. They have to live in caves under the sea where I think they have to plug themselves in to chargers. (Christopher, age 7)

Only through the eyes of innocent children writing about the ocean. Hope these bring smile to your face:) Probably not as good as Dennis' videos!

1) - This is a picture of an octopus. It has eight testicles. (Kelly, age 6)

2) - Oysters' balls are called pearls. (Jerry, age 6)

3) - If you are surrounded by ocean, you are an island. If you don't have ocean all round you, you are incontinent. (Mike, age 7)

4) - Sharks are ugly and mean, and have big teeth just like Emily Richardson. She's not my friend anymore. (Kylie, age 6)

5) - A dolphin breaths through an ass---- on the top of its head. (Billy, age 8)

6) - My uncle goes out in his boat with 2 other men and a woman and pots and comes back with crabs. (Millie, age 6)

7) - When ships had sails, they used to use the trade winds to cross the ocean. Sometimes when the wind didn't blow the sailors would whistle to make the wind come. My brother said they would have been better off eating beans. (William, age 7)

8) - Some fish are dangerous. Jellyfish can sting. Electric eels can give you a shock. They have to live in caves under the sea where I think they have to plug themselves in to chargers. (Christopher, age 7)

Yes, it did make me smile! See :D!

61 DAYS
UNTIL

for the

[vimeo]87367309[/vimeo]

I've a question for the folks who have been to Roatan. I'm going to be shopping for dive boots and fins for the wifey, who is going to be trying snorkeling. Is the terrain the snorkelers see going to be mostly sand or will there be lots of rock, such as we had in Bonaire? In Bonaire you definitely needed the boots with hard soles. If lighter duty boots will be comfortable then I'd prefer to go that way.

I've a question for the folks who have been to Roatan. I'm going to be shopping for dive boots and fins for the wifey, who is going to be trying snorkeling. Is the terrain the snorkelers see going to be mostly sand or will there be lots of rock, such as we had in Bonaire? In Bonaire you definitely needed the boots with hard soles. If lighter duty boots will be comfortable then I'd prefer to go that way.

Soft soles will be fine,the snorkelers have their own boat.
From the photos of the shore dive/snorkel entrance looks like sand.

Back
Top Bottom