SCUBABOARD I need HELP real BAD!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"I will do exacly what I have been trained to do, let them breathe off of my octo, hold them close with my right hand, gripping the right side of their BC and surface less than 36" apart."

This sounds a little too scubosexual.

I would reboot it and run badblocks. I suspect a bad sector.

hee hee! i'd like to see someone try to grip the right side of my harness. it's pretty snug & i think i'd be able to sue for harassment.

TheRedHead:
I would reboot it and run badblocks. I suspect a bad sector.

much worse. the whole shelf is just gone. refuses to be recognized by the BIOS, linux doens't know anything about it:

fsck.ext3: Possibly non-existent or swap device?
Possibly non-existent or swap device?
No such device or address while trying to open /dev/cciss/c1d2p1
fsck.ext3: No such device or address while trying to open /dev/cciss/c1d3p1

never, *ever* buy an MSA20 shelf from HP -- designed by a monkey slinging feces onto a CAD workstation...

BabyDuck:
hee hee! i'd like to see someone try to grip the right side of my harness. it's pretty snug & i think i'd be able to sue for harassment.

Hmmm, I think you were smiling when I tried.. :wink:

cancun mark:
I just had to pitch in here, and although the initial two or three posts by timegan (the lung) did seem like a troll, the moosehead guy fell for it hook line and sinker and shows that he doesnt know what he is talking about.

I read timegan's post as enthusiastic.

lamont:
much worse. the whole shelf is just gone. refuses to be recognized by the BIOS, linux doens't know anything about it..

Hardware problem. Controller?

oh, perrone, that's different. and hush - what happens in high springs, stays in high springs!

I've noticed a very high incidence of HP controller failures since they started making boxes. I'm not surprised. We once bought Compaqs, but since they've been merged with HP, we buy Velocity Micro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom