SCUBABOARD I need HELP real BAD!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry Lamont ... thought you knew ... and yes it does. With traffic it takes me an hour to get there from Federal Way ... and it's only 15 miles!

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

cerich:
It's not about time and patience, ever ask a missionary why they have the time and patience?:wink:

As long as they don't get upset when somebody slams the door in their face I don't see the harm...
No harm, but it is rather a waste of effort.

I see it didn't take long for someone to trot out the old "DIR doesn't work in cold water" myth again.

You can't argue with people like that ... they're blissfully ignorant, and wish to remain that way ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

jeckyll:
I can't believe you guys have the time and patience to go through it all over and over again ... and then to go to other boards and do it there ... :D

What am I supposed to do? Work? :wink:

i really liked the part where he said that with a 7 foot hose and an 18 inch neck, he would have to wrap it around his neck a bunch of times.

"you are kidding right? wrapping a hose around your neck? - and a 7 foot one at that!! On my config the valve to my neck is about 6" (at the most). My neck is 18" in diameter."

can you see it? wraped around and around... LOL

TheRedHead:
What am I supposed to do? Work? :wink:

Consult?

Any idea how to get old school unix 'sync; sync; reboot' behavior out of RedHat? I've got a machine that does this on shutdown:

# shutdown -r now

Broadcast message from root (pts/0) (Fri Sep 15 13:34:56 2006):

The system is going down for reboot NOW!

Message from syslogd@afs-corp-fs-0103 at Fri Sep 15 14:01:20 2006 ...
afs-corp-fs-0103 kernel: journal commit I/O error

Shutdown cancelled.
#

And thanks to RedHat "/sbin/reboot" and "kill -HUP 1" both just kick off the shutdown sequence...

Hmmm.... maybe this box is sick enough I just need to console in and sysctl reboot it...

nope... sick enough I had to hard reboot it and the BIOS refused to recognize the shelves attatched to it and it looks like my storage array has crapped the bed again... why do we use RAID arrays again?

cerich:
It's not about time and patience, ever ask a missionary why they have the time and patience?:wink:

As long as they don't get upset when somebody slams the door in their face I don't see the harm...

The force is strong with that Lamont one...

I just had to pitch in here, and although the initial two or three posts by timegan (the lung) did seem like a troll, the moosehead guy fell for it hook line and sinker and shows that he doesnt know what he is talking about.

Worse than that though, I cant believe he could write so much garbage about something so simple. all it is is a little extra bit of hose. Come on, deal with it...

wow! that thread was ugly from the start. makes me feel really good about most of the ones here!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom