ScubaBoard Event at Ft. Pickens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I say let's schedule the winter event...and then do another one in the summer. Winter dives at Destin jetties make the walk so much more bearable. Lets put the date on the calendar and see how many people can make it.
[/QUOTE]

That works for me. I will be in the Hunt for a thicker suit and should have one by then.

I will put it on my calendar when you folks nail the date down. My schedule is flexible. If my wife comes there will be no camping for me so the condo option is nice. If she does not feel the need to protect my honor I will camp alone. Although when my honor needed protecting she just laughed her bu** off and almost peed herself.

P.S. Jan 22-24 sounds good to me.

I am all for having something at Ft Pickens! The winter would be fine with me, as most any other time.

Don't forget we have already been having a get together at the St Andrews Jetties in Panama City during July. The date has been flexible to match the best tide schedule but we had been doing this for 3 years in a row now. This past July, we had a dozen divers over the 2 days. We have never really named it anything. That would probably be a good idea. I have gotten us good rates at a nice local hotel (around $80.00 per night even in the Summer) Here is the thread from this past summer:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/de...drews-st-park-panama-city-july-25th-26th.html

Sounds like we have enough to get started. Let's post it on the Calendar for January 22-24 (My Birthday is the 17th ;-) ). Can you take care of getting it on the Calendar and sending those that were interested a link to it Walter?

I now have a drysuit :D It took me 8 lbs to sink it in fresh water with a single tank. I guess I'll have to double that for salt water. It is a pain to have to start back using weights, but better than freezing. :D

I could probably swing it, I'll be getting back from Hawaii the week before, so as long as it doesn't get pushed up sooner, count me in!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom