Scubaboard Book: will you contribute?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many apologies, I don't want to come across as though I'm trying to get people to upload images there. I was reading with interest several threads at once (I speed-browse websites with multiple windows).

Anyhow, even for those with many images, those wanting to contribute to a coffee table book, they could also upload images to websites for sale. Some have great collections and a coffee table book can only showcase several images of each photographer, why not sell the best, and upload the rest?

I depart the 11th for Shanghai, back the 22nd. I am meeting with a couple of printers to firm up pricing and get samples (this is also work related). It is possible some of the technical questions I don't understand they can help with.

A possible next step could be to start a thread where we could get an actual count of people who would contribute. Basic parameters again are: some kind of "one time use" clause; any "profit" would go to reduce costs of future volumes or to a non-profit reef conservation org; you submit a picture and it meets the minimum standard you are required to purchase a book.

Maybe someone in Admin here could start it? Something that would give us a total of interested parties.

mjh -

I am willing to help you with this project. Just PM me and let me know what you would like me to do.

FWIW I think YOU should specify the tasks you would like each "volunteer" to do so there aren't 5 people doing the same thing/stepping on each others' toes.

Asking me to assign task is asking the blind to lead the sighted. The printing company mentioned Quark as program many use to submit material to them in. Does anyone know this program? Own it? I'd say short term lets start another thread with some snappy title to see how many people would actually take part and put up anywhere from $18-50 hard earned dollars.

I'm willing to help, just not sure how much help I'd be... I dont' have Quark, nor any experience with getting anything published...

good idea...so you are asking me to submit my photo, then buy it back in the form of a book?

so how does this benefit me?

what kind of compensation is there for submitting a photo?

I think that at the least a copy should be given to all of those who submit photos to this book (which is customary of authors/publishers who use other people's photos), not a commitment to buy one.

sounds like someone is trying to scam photos and make a profit on it.

Another catagory you should consider is Cave/Cenote pictures.... I have seen some great cave photography.... esp underwater formations...

Stryker:
Another catagory you should consider is Cave/Cenote pictures.... I have seen some great cave photography.... esp underwater formations...

Agreed!

Back
Top Bottom