ScubaBoard and Photobucket Promote Each Other...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in the same boat, if it's not posted on Scubaboard I can't see it. I believe there are other sites that are blocked as well but offhand I can't remember which ones. Basically if it's not in our gallery I can't see it. I do see a lot of red x's that won't open though.
Ber :lilbunny:

Sometimes, there are perks to being our companies system administrator.:wink:

How awesome! I have a photobucket account, but don't use it much, guess I have more reason to do it now!

I've had issues with photobucket changing the url. For example look at the format:

Image of Serious hunters, need serious horses! - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I've seen the s143 change, and the r135 as well. Not sure when or why, but if you log in, and those URL's are no longer what they were, it seems to loose the link.

Maybe TeamCasa can shed some light on this strange behavior! :D

I don’t know enough about Photobucket to say one way or the other. However, changing the URL is one way (a very cheap method) to control traffic to specific servers but it is very hard on people who maintain links to older sites.

I'm in the same boat, if it's not posted on Scubaboard I can't see it. I believe there are other sites that are blocked as well but offhand I can't remember which ones. Basically if it's not in our gallery I can't see it. I do see a lot of red x's that won't open though.
Ber :lilbunny:
Our blocking software is done on a subscription basis through Surf Control, and exceptions to the broad subscription categories require a manual override. That is not going to happen for photo websites (Photobucket, Imageshack, Flickr) or social websites (Facebook, MySpace).

Now that SB has added "...and Social Network" to the titlebar I expect it to be picked up in a future subscription. :(

What's going on ScubaBoard!

I work with Photobucket and we are happy to announce this small partnership. In order to improve the quality of our site we needed to improve the quality of our pictures. After doing a lot of research and narrowing down certain forums we realized that ScubaBoard is by far the most comprehensive, organized, and fun. With that said, I reached out to Howard and the rest is history.

This comes at a time of our launch for Group Albums 2.0. Although, anyone can create a group album they will never be featured like Scuba Diving group Album. The only problems we are having are working out the bugs. Scuba Diving should be one of those 14 thumbnails and when you click view more featured group albums it should pop up there as well.

So keep uploading and we'll keep trying to work the bugs out!

Photobucket updated their homepage today

screenshot-photobucket.JPG

Wooooooooooooo Whooooooooooooooooooooo! How cool to see THIS message on Photobucket's site! Thanks ZMan4386. For those that can't read the caption it says: While you're at it, take a dive on ScubaBoard.com!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom