Scuba Tricks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On a dive at Columbia Shallows, was hitting the hour mark, getting a little bored... see above us a group of teenage girl snorkelers, sneak up under them about 15 feet below, take both regs and dump a ton of air while spinning around. The effect is the girls are suddenly engulfed in a cauldron of boiling bubbling water for about 10 seconds. The looks on their faces were priceless, they went from shock and surprise to giggles and laughter as they figured it out, then they kept following me from above, I guess hoping for another round.

On a dive at Columbia Shallows, was hitting the hour mark, getting a little bored... see above us a group of teenage girl snorkelers, sneak up under them about 15 feet below, take both regs and dump a ton of air while spinning around. The effect is the girls are suddenly engulfed in a cauldron of boiling bubbling water for about 10 seconds. The looks on their faces were priceless, they went from shock and surprise to giggles and laughter as they figured it out, then they kept following me from above, I guess hoping for another round.

LOL, awesome!

On our last trip, my boyfriend and I had had a little spat the night before, so when I got in the water I removed my regulator, signaled him to remove his, and gave him a big, long kiss underwater. Worked like a charm. :wink:

After my first night dive, while waiting to get back on the boat, the DM was about 5 feet below me with his light turned off. He turned on his light and free-flowed his octo at the same time. It scared the hell out of me because I thought another diver was ascending directly below me. The other divers around seemed to think it was funny! I had a good chuckle a few seconds later once I realized what it actually was.

Since the invasion is coming up I will only admit to frequently doing a front flip or backflip into the water fully geared...a giant stride is kinda boring :D

Ha. I started at the beginning of this thread NOT noticing the dates and got all panty-wadded about ScubaTony walking on the bottom of the boat so close to a propeller. I kept reading the responses and got to post #8 and thought that guy completely nailed how I felt about the boat walking thing...:D

3 years later and I'm still not going near the prop.

Lol - all of these were classics! That warhammer deal though - is that legal? LOL. Walking on the sand seems really cool, but, with all of the hidden sea life that blend in so well, I'm not sure if I'd like to really go there. I have wanted to know how to blow those big rings under water that you can practically put your whole body into...anyone know how?

Sometimes when leading a dive and coming upon a colleague on the reef leading his own dive, we do a little swing dance with some underarm turns. Nothing as involved as in this video, and in mid-water wearing fins (no silt), but you can get the idea here:
[video=youtube;OhzwQR66VmA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhzwQR66VmA[/video]

Back
Top Bottom