SCUBA Support and Offroad Adventure Bugout Trailer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am curious about the design of the tongueless trailer hitch. Is it just to facilitate easier storage?

I would call it more of a "removeable tounge".

I'm sure it will allow easier storage, but also reduce someone coming up and hitching up the trailer and hauling it away because you can remove the tounge. Then all you have is a round box on wheels with no way to easily pull it.

I too, found that by building my own design was more cost effective. I have a 7' by 12' duel axle cargo trailer outfitted for an Insturctor or onsite public safety dive operation. Inventory and discription follows. Unfortunately - I am going to have to give it up (sale) because of some serious back injuries (going into surgery soon) _ any way here is what my trailer has - if you would like pictures or are interested in buying the trailer just contact me at easydiveusa@yahoo.com
Cargo (2003) trailer customized for scuba diving (hidden hitch load leveling tow system and hitch included)- has less than 8,000 miles and is equipped with a RV 15 amp electrical system that runs off of 110 or DC off of the two bank battery backup (4-12 volt batteries in series) and has an inverter and a converter so you can run 12 volt DC or 110 AC no matter what your power source is - has a solar panel to maintain battery strength - custom built aluminum tank racks that can hold up to 24 scuba tanks and hanging bars for wetsuits and equipment

Air Bank system built in - four-300cuft tanks, manifold, pressure gauges, 4 fill station outlets [two rear/two front left], two fill whips with gauges and relief valves can handle yoke or DIN valves, air filter system with moisture indicator- three extra air filter cartridges included
Compressor - Astra 160-S, 3 stages, two inline air filters, 7 cfm output, by a Honda GX270 gas engine - less than 50 hours of operation
Scuba equipment Included:
18 Catalina Scuba tanks w/tank protectors - 8-63s & 10-80s, in hydro 2009 – visual inspection & eddy current test equipment [New] available
6 Regulator sets with console gauges
8 BCDs
12 Masks (10 new)
7 Snorkels (5 new)
12 Sets of Fins (6 new)
12 Wet suites, 5/7mm (4 Female/8 Male) - used but in very good condition
14 Pair of Booties (common sizes) used but in good condition
8 Hoods -5mm used in very good condition
Lead Weights -31@2lbs, 18@3lbs, 11@4lbs,7@5lbs
8 nylon weight belts with buckles - bag of keeps~50

DiverAaron,

if you want to sell your trailer.... first off you need to post some pics. ( a picture will sell it a lot better than just a description)

you can add them as

1.) attachements
2.) direct images with tags.
3.) upload them to the Scbuaboard gallery and post a [img] link to them. (It's provided with each pic on the page it's uploaded to).

also, you should consider opening a new thread just for your trailer in the classifieds instead of digging up some thread that is 6 months old. It'll get a lot more visability and is a better place on the board for it.

try posting it here. [url=http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/gear-equipment-classifieds/]Gear / Equipment Classifieds - ScubaBoard[/url]

good luck selling it.

So, how about some pics of this trailer in action? I'd like to see the finished deal and an update as to how its working out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom