Scuba Specialties gained my Respect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys might be interested...

Steven and John have once again lit up the Thurs. Night Dive Club. This is not a store event but just some guys and gals gettin' together to dive (and whatever else they do???) I see they put up a thread on our forum.

BTW... I'm not the Steven (above) that works at the store and teaches the tech stuff. I spell my name differently and don't have a ring in my nose... or any other place. :eyebrow: It's not my shop... I don't own it... I don't work there.

Reminds me of the folks at Scubatoys. They have done similar things for me over the phone and through emails.........and they have never even laid eyes on me.

michaelaz:
Ever think about opening a Gilbert/ East Valley store ?? Wish we had a store like that over here.

Actually, we bought The Reef several years ago but had to close that east side shop.

Try El Mar... they're great!

I also had an experience that blew me away. When I was in the store one time buying some new gear (computer with nitrox capabilities, fins, mask, and odds and ends), when it came time to pay, I discovered that I had left my wallet at home (credit cards included).... I was told to just pay the next time I was in... I was taking their Rescue Diver course, but still, such trust is rare these days.... Have traveled to San Carlos with them, besides completing the Rescue course, and plan on taking more courses with them....

michaelaz:
Ever think about opening a Gilbert/ East Valley store ?? Wish we had a store like that over here.

Have you tried Saguaro Sports in Mesa? I've had nothing but great service from them thus far. Got my DR BP/W rig in less than a week- they bumped up the shipping so I would get it in time for a trip. Not to mention prices on gear are probably the best around- at least east valley. Oh, and free fills are a nice perk as well!

I took Rescue, Divemaster, and other classes from Scuba Specialties. I don't think the type of service you experienced from them was rare. They're definitely a great group of people. If you live in the East valley, they're not far off I-17 on the way to Lake Pleasant, and you can also check out El Mar in Mesa for another great bunch.

I don't work for either and am not affiliated with them in any way other than having taken classes from both shops and gotten to know the staff at both. You just can't go wrong with either of them. We're lucky here in the valley to have great examples of truly outstanding diving operations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom