Scuba Show 2015 - Long Beach, CA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know that I attend more for the people I get to meet and talk to (Like Sam!) about diving and equipment than for the sales. The travel portion is great if you are looking at different locations and operators. Sometimes there are some new ideas presented that are worth a discussion minute or two (like the "automatic depth setting" BCD) just to get the "what were you thinking" question answered.

Merxlyn

I have always enjoyed your very knowledgeable well written posts.

It was an honor and a pleasure to have finally met you face to face two years ago. At that time I was on a very tight schedule therefore had very little time to chat and really get to know each other. This year I should have more time available to me and perhaps we can have a longer meeting.

Will you once again be manning the SCUBA board booth?

SDM

Scuba show was awesome! Got by the scubaboard booth and met mselenaous got a whole bunch of stickers, saw Dr miller (didn't speak to him,he looked busy) and most importantly got to run into my instructor from lompoc who I haven't seen in years. I will make the four hour trip next year for sure.

Sam was spot on that people come to the Show for a wide variety of reasons. It may not meet the expectations of some, but there are plenty of different reasons to go and it does appeal to divers with a variety of interests. I spent both days there all day and still didn't get to see everything I wanted to.

[QUOTE
=farmerstephen13;7427132]Scuba show was awesome! Got by the scubaboard booth and met mselenaous got a whole bunch of stickers, saw Dr miller (didn't speak to him,he looked busy) and most importantly got to run into my instructor from lompoc who I haven't seen in years. I will make the four hour trip next year for sure.
[/QUOTE]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While I was in college I worked part time for a gentleman who was just getting established in his business. I trotted off to the Korean War and when I returned the gentleman had become very successful.

I dropped by his new office and sheepishly asked his secretary if he wasn't too busy if I could seem him and say Hi.

He heard my voice and in a Nano second came out of his office to greet me....I will never forget and I have always followed his advice. " Never get too busy to say Hi to an old friend"

I would have been honored to have met and chatted with you....There are so many friends in the world that you didn't know you had until you meet them.

Are you certain it was me? My son Dr. Sam IV was there and was also a presenter

I missed so many at the show whom I wanted to meet...there is always next year.

Yes the show was worth the drive...three hours for me and Sam IV.

SDM

Back
Top Bottom