Scuba Shop Break In and Robbery (Read Below)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubatooth

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
follwoing notice was taken from the scubadillos message board

http://www.b2g2.com/boards/board.cgi?action=read&id=1038440879&user=tekdiverx

everybody just keep any eye out please

Attention all Scubadillos and friends!

At approximately 11:30pm on Tuesday 11/26/02 Emerald Sea Divers located on the northeast corner of Arapaho @ Central Expy. in Richardson, TX was robbed.

The thief or thieves were professional in their entry since all phone lines were cut to the building to interrupt the alarm system and entry was made by breaking through the glass in the front door which is partially obscured from view.

Primary items taken include but are not limited to:
Atomic Regulators
Mares Regulators
Poseidon Regulators
Cressi Sub Regulators
Beauchat Regulators
Aries Atmos Computers
Dive Rite Nitek Computers
Cochran Commander and Gemini Computers
Sea & Sea camera gear including Motor Marine cameras, strobes & accessories
Misc. SPGs and consoles

Please be on alert to ANYONE offering gear for sale, attempting to pass this merchandise off as items from a dive store which has gone out of business or any other possible scheme. Also for all of you eBayer's please notify either myself or store owner Mike Dunst at the emails or numbers listed below.

Thanks for your help!

Marc Thompson
mbt@ticnet.com
(972)743-0945

Mike Dunst
mike@emeraldseadivers.com
(972) 669-3483

Sure hope they catch the....weasels!

I agree, whoever did this are weasels (or worse).

Scubatooth, if you could relate this on, it might help Texans on this board who might be purchasing those items: I know Emerald Sea Divers is probably busy getting back on their feet, but if they could make a copy of the serial #'s of the stolen items (which I imagine they'll need to find out for an insurance claim anyway), and put it online on their website and provide a link to it, it'd provide a convenient place for us Texans to check before we bought gear for the next few months.

Anyway, its just an idea :) I hope the police catch those crooks.

jeff

you dont hear about dive shops being robbed much at all, in fact this is the first i one i know of.

I suspect they are divers, but lets hope not.

keep your eyes open on Ebay, i suspect they will try selling them. A list of Serial #s would help.

Andy

if you do have a S# list it should be posted so all those on SB can see the list. Someone not from Tx buying an item online thru Ebay will want to know these #'s.

Pls keep us all posted on the what happens.

well i will see what i can do on serial numbers on items but when i talked to someone else who goes in there on a regualar basis , he said that he wasnt able to get serial numbers from them.

you all might want to email marc thompson to see if he has anymore details then i have given.

hopefully they can find the crook and send them to the bottom in cement boots, or atleast have to dive at terrel right now in there swim trunks (surface 60, around ~20 feet its 55 degrees)

Tooth

Last night (sunday night) my older brother's scuba shop called Dive Shack, in Conroe, TX got broken into too! They threw a rock threw the window and took a cressi sub s111 bc, a scuba pro glide plus bc, a scuba pro full face mask, and a scuba pro regulator set up. The cops said they must have worn gloves because no prints were found (which i think is bs, cops are just too lazy to investigate). If anyone in the Conroe/Houston area has any info, we'd really appreciate it too (email: LeeHughes02@hotamil.com ). This needs to stop!

The shop was burlgarized, robbery would be if they bad guys came in while the shop was opena nd held the palce up.

Lonelydriver02 - Cops aren't lazy, we work very hard, and have to put up with a lot of bs from the public, they want to catch bad guys just as bad as you want them caught. So if they said there were no prints, then I would beleive them. I see alot of cases where there were no prints or no prints of value for comparison. It happens, and not as the result of lazy cops.

Just my $.02 worth.

Wendy once bubbled...
The shop was burlgarized, robbery would be if they bad guys came in while the shop was opena nd held the palce up.
but one that has very different meanings in the terminology. The classic one is the person who comes home and finds their furniture gone and calls the police saying "I've been robbed!" Most people just know that they have been stolen from and they don't care about the exact terms, but that would help dispatch! :)

Personally, I think the cause is a combination of social process theories and social structure theories; such as Sutherland's differential association theory (although it has flaws, it has some major points), and Miller's focal concern theory, plus Cloward and Ohlin's differential opportunity theory, among others. The causes of human behavior is a complicated and inexact science, and I'm no expert.

I do hear you on the terminology and the "bad raps" cops get! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom