Scuba Sciences/Carl Hayden Marine Science Divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Sciences

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I would like to congratulate my students from Carl Hayden High School's Marine Sciences program that became Basic Ocean Certified Divers this weekend at Santa Catalina Island!

We had a great time diving at Hen Rock and Torqua Springs. We had really clear water, flat calm conditions and dove with spider crabs, schools of fish, Garibaldi and much more.

The Underwater ROV team was with us and tested their new ROV and filmed underwater for a while with their video camera.

I am really proud of my students and can't wait to dive with them again! Very special thanks to my Dive Cons (Brenda, Cynthia & Bob) who helped me this weekend. Thanks for a great time everyone!

If anyone would like to help either the Marine Science or Robotics programs please let me know and I can get you in contact with the program directors. Scuba Sciences has been helping these two programs for over 5 years now and we have really enjoyed working with the kids.

This is the same high school ROV team that three years ago beat all competitors, including teams from M.I.T. and other Universities at the 2004 National Underwater Robotics Challenge. They designed and built their own ROV, the succesor to which is referenced by Tina above. I think it's great that Scuba Sciences supports their efforts.

This years competition is being held here June 8-10th at Chandler High School. Co-hosted by Carl Hayden and Chandler High School. http://www.h2orobots.org/

sjspeck:
This is the same high school ROV team that three years ago beat all competitors, including teams from M.I.T. and other Universities at the 2004 National Underwater Robotics Challenge. They designed and built their own ROV, the succesor to which is referenced by Tina above. I think it's great that Scuba Sciences supports their efforts.

This years competition is being held here June 8-10th at Chandler High School. Co-hosted by Carl Hayden and Chandler High School. http://www.h2orobots.org/

Thank you Steve >>>>:)

Right you are Steve!

Yes, they beat MIT and many other Universities in the past few years. They have an underwater and land ROV competitions. Last year's u/w competition was at NASA.

These kids work really hard on designing, building their ROV, testing it, and competiting. I have been to these competitions to support them, it is a lot of fun! The teams get into these competitions like a basketball or football game (yes, cheerleaders are there too!).

Many of these kids continue with college, here at ASU and other local community colleges. The Science & Technology Club is such a great program thanks to their mentor, Fredi Lajvardi. I have really enjoyed working with Fredi and the Carl Hayden Falcons!

I've enjoyed watching the progress of this year's ROV and can't wait until the competition in June!

Wow, that is pretty amazing. Congrats to everyone involved.\

jcf

scuba sciences / carl hayden kid keep up the good work :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

i am out of here and will not post agen goodby

Congratulations to the new divers at Carl Hayden and the ROV team! It's always great to see things like that happening. It's great the Scuba Sciences works with these kids. More shops and instructors should volunteer their services and time to help kids learn about the marine environment. We need to educate these kids so we can help stop the destruction that's happening to the underwater ecosystems. Keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom