SCUBA Santa wish list.........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

40 ft viz in Twin Lakes....year round!

I'd like some E8-130s doubles and for Lake Ontario to be my backyard.

A Nikon Coolpix 4300 digital camera. I have it on good advice that I am getting this. Of course, it just so happens that Ikelite has a housing for this camera. :)

I'm ready for an underwater digital camera too. My point in shoot just doesn't cut it anymore. I didn't even take it on my last dive trip. :11:

I've checked and found that the camera was not the most costly of an under water setup. The strobes cost more than the camera.

fmw625:
I've checked and found that the camera was not the most costly of an under water setup. The strobes cost more than the camera.
Yea, but I've found that taking a shot without a strobe using manual white balance works really well. So don't think that you absolutely have to have an external strobe to get good photos, you don't.. I really don't use the strobe unless I'm shooting under a ledge or at night.
Of course, I didn't learn this until after I bought a YS-90. :11:

My next dive gear will be a computer. Don't have any idea of what kind I want or need, but I will research it prior. Santa won't be bringing me one this year, because he already gave me a dive trip- we leave New Year's Day, yippee!

Foo

Truck's right....depending on the camera, with manual whaite balance you can get some amazing ambient light shots. You can also do quite well with only the cameras internal flash.

Lotsa people don't use no steenkin' strobe! :eyebrow:

A decent metal detector, or better still - maybe one of those seal-team underwater sleds. (I could make use of one of them):)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom