Scuba Radio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, in ScubaRadios' defense, I did win a force fins action figure from them. :D They've had me on the air a couple of times.

Scubagolf:
But, aren't you glad the "Diving Diva" is history? :D

Hell yeah! The stupid sexual inuendo's every 2 minutes was just sickening.

I just downloaded the latest bottomtime radio MP3, to see how they are.

FD

I discovered this a few weeks ago and have listened to it, but it IS quickly becoming a bit tiring. Some of it is entertaining, but a lot of it recently is about how hot the Brazilian swimsuit model dive students are, or drinking, etc. Most of the guys seem pretty piggish when it comes to women (and I'm a guy so I think that says something). The only dive type stuff they have talked about seems to mostly relate to Florida or the Bahamas as well. I'll keep listening though as I do hear a few interesting things now and then.

Brian

At one point I was going to keep track of how many times the phrase "Brazilian swimsuit model" was used during an episode, but decided it was pointless. Has decent production values, like a number of the interviews, like the DAN segment, dislike the level of sexual innuendo that happens on the show.

Fordan:
At one point I was going to keep track of how many times the phrase "Brazilian swimsuit model" was used during an episode, but decided it was pointless. Has decent production values, like a number of the interviews, like the DAN segment, .......

I liked it at first... but I am tired of the mindless babbling with no real point. I am with Fordan, I like the interviews a lot... like when they had one of the Shadow divers on... and the DAN segment... but I'm tired of hearing about the Brazilian Swimsuit Models.....

It is funny how everyone has a problem with sexual innuendos. Every dive boat I have been on almost has the same conversations. We listen laugh and are part of the discussion. But when here it on the radio we cringe. I like the show it is a good way to kill time. If anyone of us had the "Brazilian swimsuit modesl" on our boat I think we would tell our friends and probly tell the same story way to many times.

photohikedive:
You want a show, that actually talks about diving, I came across this one........

http://www.bottomtimeradio.com/

and, they aren't afraid of diving cold water.

Agreed. I've taken the BTR podcasts on my more recent air travels. More interesting interviews and easier to listen to.

...steve...

I have listened to both bottom time and scuba radio and I am liking bottom time better basically as it is discussing diving with some great interviews.

Im pretty easy going but the guys on scuba radio seem to waste their time with the sexual innuendo and missing out on the real reason people want to listen to their show, to hear good dive interviews and things related to diving.

I assume the Bahamas sponsor them in a way as every week the same add for them is played several times.

Scuba radio needs to expand its areas, in regards to what it talks about on the radio, to past mainly the Bahamas and Southern Florida.

Back
Top Bottom