Scuba Radio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah I found out about ScubaRadio from a thread here last Dec. A lot of the show is pretty.... lets say "silly"... and you won't learn anything about diving. But if you want to kill some time and listen to a couple guys talk about being too scared to dive in cold water then this is good for that. I usually listen to the archived shows while cruising the internet.

FD

PS- they even referenced the MOF/NMOF thread from here. So at least they give SB some exposure.

fire_diver:
Yeah I found out about ScubaRadio from a thread here last Dec. A lot of the show is pretty.... lets say "silly"... and you won't learn anything about diving. But if you want to kill some time and listen to a couple guys talk about being too scared to dive in cold water then this is good for that. I usually listen to the archived shows while cruising the internet.

Every now and again I find something of intrest.. I have to admit lately I have been just reading the contents on the page and deciding if I want to lisiten to it. And I agree that anti-cold water is a reoccuring item.

Listened to about 10 minutes of it, and concluded it was painful, The presenter on the snippet I heard managed to waffle a complete load of old tosh for the duration, never really going anywhere with any interesting or relevent points, I think scubaboard has the right balance, it's generally meaningful and relevent content. This radio station on the other hand appears to have no content. At risk of getting flamed, tell me just how much can one person talk about diving and remain interesting. I love diving, I think it's a fun sport, and there are many beautiful and indescribable things, but that's the problem, it's the age old "Well you had to be there" situation. Well written narratives are a great read, but that's because someone's had time to prepare them, and pad them out with some artistic license. Personally I prefer to just get on and dive, and show people my photo's. I stop myself short of waving my hands expressively and saying "It was this big" !!
In essence it seems scuba radio have taken scuba diving, and are slowly trying to drown it.

While it is allot of talk and not all diving, I find it keeps my mind off of the fact that I am stuck on a boat with only satelite internet and not at home diving. If for only an hour at hour or so every week.
Will never replace Scuba Board though.

I really havnet had the time to listen to it, maybe i wont waste my time then.

I "subscribe" to the podcast of Scuba Radio via Apple's iTunes. It then transfers to my iPod and I listen to it in my car. The show's content is weak, but some of the interviews are worth listening to.

I listened to it for a month or so, but I could never find anything to relate to. I think if you live in the Florida area and are too much of a wuss for cold water diving (his own words) then you may find some enterteintment value. I much rather spend my time in SB

scubaaaronh:
Found this site and thought it might be of some interest. It is a talk radio station on the net that is all about scuba diving. You can play old airings also using media player. Enjoy.

www.scubaradio.com

I listened to a few episodes a while ago, and they seemed to spend 99% of the time talking about how drunk they all got on the boat, and less than 1% on actual diving.

Has anything changed recently?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom