Scuba Pro Twin Jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LowTide:
I have a pair and love them, I also bought a pair of the Manta Spring Fin Straps to go with them. They make getting the fins on and off in the surf a snap. I would highly recommend both!

What size strap do you need - noticed that they come in large and small so tend towards the small as I only have a size 40.

site doesn't mention anything

funkyspelunker:
has anyone tried the atomic splitfin liquid blues?

The original Atomic Splits are awesome fins...the liquid blues are just too flimsy (loose) in my opinion.

Big Blue One:
What size strap do you need - noticed that they come in large and small so tend towards the small as I only have a size 40.

site doesn't mention anything

Anyone out there know the answer to this? I was wondering as well. What are the differences in the sizes?

TIA.

i know i am a little late with this one, but i finally got to try out the atomic aquatics and i must say i really prefer the scuba pro twin jets. i have used a tusa blade, i forget which one(its an older model), twin jets, and the atomic aquatics, and the best of them was definately the scuba pro twin jets. the ease of kicking and the speed i could get was well worth it. so now i have to buy a pair of scuba pro twin jets. now if i can just find them in a fun color like orange or the glow in the darks, i would be happy.

I too am a bit late on this one, but I just tried the twin jets (with spring straps) yesterday on a drysuit dive. I usually use Blades II, and struggle to keep up. I had tried the Atomics in warm water and thought they were okay, but not good to frog kick in so I wasn't a particular fan of splits. I must say that I was impressed with the twin jets. I could do everything I usually do with my fins plus a flutter kick and still move more effectively through the water. Two thumbs up!
-----------------
D.C.C.

Good info BouyantC, thanks. Another question - were you using the stiffer black/blue twin jets, or the more flexible yellow/grey ones?

Just to confirm, you WERE able to frog kick with the twin jets?

jjgibo, what were your complaints with the Atomics?

BuoyantC:
I too am a bit late on this one, but I just tried the twin jets (with spring straps) yesterday on a drysuit dive. I usually use Blades II, and struggle to keep up. I had tried the Atomics in warm water and thought they were okay, but not good to frog kick in so I wasn't a particular fan of splits. I must say that I was impressed with the twin jets. I could do everything I usually do with my fins plus a flutter kick and still move more effectively through the water. Two thumbs up!
-----------------
D.C.C.

Kosh:
jjgibo, what were your complaints with the Atomics?

They weren't bad, in fact they were ok, but in comparison to the twin jets they couldn't compare. The atomics are better than regular blades, but not as good as the twin jets. I didn't get as much propulsion and had to work a little bit harder in a current with the atomics. In addition I liked that the scuba pros were slightly negative, it seemed to keep me in a better position than the slightly positive atomics. I don't know that last one might just be a psychological thing. Anyways I have pretty much settled in on the twin jets, so as soon as i can scrape up the 170 bucks for em, I am going to go get em.

try the twin speeds!!!

fly n dive why do you think the twin speeds are better, i haven't seen them in my lds so i was just wondering why you thought they were better, they look similar in design to the atomics so i am not sure about them, but would love to hear what you got to say about them and hopefully i can find a lds that would let me rent them to try them out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom